[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rhenegades

AngelRose59AngelRose59
Reactions: 1,360
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
I have been having trouble for the longest time trying to sign onto the Rhenegades Server. Is there a problem with that server? I tried last month, too, and the same thing happened. What is happening is, When you click on Rhenegades, than it will come up with having trouble logging in? Than I click that out. Than it just keeps on circeling. When it says having trouble logging in, it tells me to go to maplestory/nexon.net. So, that is what I am doing.

Thank You,

Angel Rose

Comments

• EshmanEshman
    Reactions: 1,425
    edited May 2017
    First off, it's spelled Renegades (in the Nexon Launcher & even on the website). Now that's out of the way, my advice would be to ensure that the launcher (nexon_launcher.exe), the MapleStory game client (MapleStory.exe), & BlackCipher (BlackCipher.aes) are all allowed through your antivirus and firewall--even if it's nothing more than the generic Windows Firewall it can still cause conflicts sometimes. It doesn't matter which server you are trying to connect through if all you are getting is the "circling" animation when attempting to log in--that typically indicates a conflict somewhere along the line. Also, if you are playing via a wireless connection then that may be an issue as well and you may have to play via an ethernet connection while troubleshooting. Just some advice and I hope this may help get you up and playing again.
    AngelRose59
  • AngelRose59AngelRose59
    Reactions: 1,360
    edited May 2017
    Eshman wrote: »
    First off, it's spelled Renegades (in the Nexon Launcher & even on the website). Now that's out of the way, my advice would be to ensure that the launcher (nexon_launcher.exe), the MapleStory game client (MapleStory.exe), & BlackCipher (BlackCipher.aes) are all allowed through your antivirus and firewall--even if it's nothing more than the generic Windows Firewall it can still cause conflicts sometimes. It doesn't matter which server you are trying to connect through if all you are getting is the "circling" animation when attempting to log in--that typically indicates a conflict somewhere along the line. Also, if you are playing via a wireless connection then that may be an issue as well and you may have to play via an ethernet connection while troubleshooting. Just some advice and I hope this may help get you up and playing again.

I have most of my characters on the Khiana server, so I started a new character, the same as the one that I had on Renegades, and she is now at lvl 55 on the Khiana server, where the other one is at lvl 75, but it won't take me long at all, to get her up to 75. I am just visiting some of the other games that I used to play before I started playing MS again, about 3 - 4 weeks ago.

Thank You for your helpful advice. And it was only the Renegades server that was giving me issues. I have a lvl 70 something character on Luna, the European server, and I do NOT have any issues over there, nor do I have any issues with Khiana.