[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Looking for a name change.

KushyDragonKushyDragon
Reactions: 1,715
edited May 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Like the title says, I'm looking to see if there's any way I can change my forums username at all.

If any of the moderators or staff can provide some insight, it would be well appreciated.

Sincerely,

KushyDragon

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    Beg and spam nexon until they change your name w/c
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Click on your name, at the top right of the window.
    Click on the "Edit Profile" button, at the top right of the page that opens.
    Enter a new username in the first field of the form that opens.

I think you can only change your username on the forums once, so think carefully before doing it.
    If you've already changed your name once, and want to do it again, you're going to have to PM the forum admin (Arwoo) for help.
    KushyDragon
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I think you can only change your username on the forums once, so think carefully before doing it.

You can change it once every 6 months.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    edited May 2017
    Click on your name, at the top right of the window.
    Click on the "Edit Profile" button, at the top right of the page that opens.
    Enter a new username in the first field of the form that opens.

If you've already changed your name once, and want to do it again, you're going to have to PM the forum admin (Arwoo) for help.

Well, I've tried to hover over the change username part, but it gives a red sign when hovered over to change it.

Also I'll see about PMing Arwoo about this.
    Uzume wrote: »

You can change it once every 6 months.

I had this name years ago, I just recently got back onto the forums and I didn't know you could name change for the forums in the first place.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited May 2017
    While I am open to provide a name change for anyone on the forums, please do not abuse this.
    I won't ask too much for the first request, but after that you'd better have a good reason!

Arwooo~
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    While I am open to provide a name change for anyone on the forums, please do not abuse this.
    I won't ask too much for the first request, but after that you'd better have a good reason!

Arwooo~

Well the reason I'm requesting a name change is because I only had one on the old forums and It's time for a change. :D
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Arwooo~

Does this mean the name change option in the "Edit Profile" page has been disabled?
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    edited May 2017

Arwooo~

Does this mean the name change option in the "Edit Profile" page has been disabled?

I think it may be that way sadly. Maybe because people were abusing it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Arwooo~

I think it may be that way sadly. Maybe because people were abusing it.

How does one "abuse" something they can only do once every six months?

And if it was intentionally disabled, why is it even still on that page? (Obviously I don't expect you to know the answer to that one, it's directed towards Arwoo)
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    It's probably just broken or not configured, like much else on the forums.
    DarkPassenger