[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

And I was considering putting money in this again

EverenceEverence
Reactions: 750
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
with the new event of re:zero i was thinking of buying some neat cash shop items, i havent played in a year, but i like the idea of making my characters pretty. Sadly the event items are in random boxes which aren't even filled exclusively with event items, a majority of the items are pre-existing. i would have easily blown money if it was guaranteed event items. but the fact that there are others just ruins the event. its as if maple was celebrating pie day, just instead of filling the cash shop with exclusively pie items they included cake, steak, and breakfast items. WTF?
krsk
  1. Am I crazy?34 votes
    1. The re:zero boxes should only include Re:zero items.
       91% (31 votes)
    2. The re:zero boxes are fine being a mix of event and common items
       9% (3 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    That's always been Nexon's way of doing things. All their RNG boxes/coupons/events, both cash and in-game, have a few highly-desirable items padded with a ton of junk.

They think that if they put a simple price-tag of $30 on each of the event hairstyles, people would get sticker shock and not buy them. But people will end up paying upwards of $50 to get the hairstyle they want, if they pay it $3.30 at a time.

So glad I don't even like Re:ZERO.
    krskIts2Sharp4U
  • EverenceEverence
    edited May 2017
    The SAO and Attack on Titan events didn't follow this pattern, was hoping this wouldn't. Doesn't help I only want 4 items from the box making it a complete waste to try.
    Xenon92Lilyflower
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I don't usually mind spending money on this type of thing, but the box is 4,000 NX for one random item, and it's probably a really small rate to get anything worthwhile. Now if there were other decent items in it like the BiS rings or Frenzy totem or pretty much anything but the misc junk they put in there, then it might have been worth the price tag. Hell, marvel is only 900 NX more and then you get 3 items from the pool that together usually equals or exceeds the money you spent.
    Philosopher books are "only" 2,600 NX per book and include far more desired items and you get two items from the pool, that would have been a more reasonable price.

As it looks now, I won't be trying my luck on these.
    Soul enchanters in a 4k NX random box, are you kidding me? I get that you need to pay for the licensing somehow, but at least don't flat out scam people.
    krsk
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Soul enchanters in a 4k NX random box, are you kidding me? I get that you need to pay for the licensing somehow, but at least don't flat out scam people.

That's the thing I don't get.
    If they don't think there's enough of a demand for Re:ZERO in GMS to cover the license fees without pulling this kind of crap, why did they even bring the event over?

I'd blame Arwoo, since he said he loves Re:ZERO and would love it if we had the event, but (1) CMs don't make those kinds of decisions and (2) major patches are planned so far in advance that I don't think he's been with Nexon long enough to influence this decision.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    They took a potentially good event, into a super rng pay-fest. I was thinking of doing the random item boxes, til I saw they made it into a philo book + the event items with a larger then both of them price.
    krsk
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited May 2017
    Honestly if it were more balanced say 50/50 or even 40/60 between event items and normal items; then I would be completely fine with it. I'd even tolerate more normal items if they were actually "good" maybe even bring back some of the old crossover event items. I know many people missed out on those events, and a few happened before reboot even launched; it'd be a neat thing to see.
    krsk
  • KurugiaKurugia
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2017
    http://imgur.com/a/5Dg74
    in the past i didnt really mind spending lots of nx for dressing up my characters. Since usually when buying event clothes boxes I would get what I want (sao / heroes / attack on titan events). Now with the current change with all these random junks in the event boxes? yea, thanks nexon, I aint spending a single dollar on this event. Will instead buy the items from other players with meso. Great event planning. At the very least, you lost me as a customer.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    man this event is a mess. talk about their pricing..

4k nx for 1 box? adding in philo books excluding the frenzy and slapping 1.3k more for it..

thats a fking joke.

I pretty much thought it was gonna be p2w but at least within the content and not like this.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited May 2017
    the best event is sao because i like going through the dungeon and i dont mind if others dont like sao.
    krsk
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I would love to see an Attack on Titan event(Once again of you are from GMS origin). And there is AoT season 2 right now with so many plot twists.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    What exactly is in the Re: Zero boxes? Is it clothes from the characters in the anime or what? Was thinking about buying a few but if the probability is skewed towards worthless items, then I'm not sure if I want to or not.
    Kurugia wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/a/5Dg74
    in the past i didnt really mind spending lots of nx for dressing up my characters. Since usually when buying event clothes boxes I would get what I want (sao / heroes / attack on titan events). Now with the current change with all these random junks in the event boxes? yea, thanks nexon, I aint spending a single dollar on this event. Will instead buy the items from other players with meso. Great event planning. At the very least, you lost me as a customer.

Wow, you really went all out on your characters. The most I've done is just get outfits for all my hero characters and the Kirito, Asuna outfits for my Zero and a Heathcliff outfit for another character of mine. I also got the Kirito and Asuna faces and hairs for my Zero, but for some reason, they got deleted even though I saved them in my salon. I don't know why they got deleted, but I needless to say, I was devastated.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    What exactly is in the Re: Zero boxes? Is it clothes from the characters in the anime or what? Was thinking about buying a few but if the probability is skewed towards worthless items, then I'm not sure if I want to or not.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Stallben wrote: »

Depending on which box, there are medals, androids, chairs, etc in the Random Box VS the Premium surprise boxes which give clothing...but there is mostly junk according to other people (I am under a sworn oath to not buy RNG boxes)
  • EverenceEverence
    edited May 2017
    The odds of getting a re:zero item are pretty bad, 13/50. Even if you love the anime that's not a gamble worth taking.