[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting Kicked by Mobbing Legit

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
I know you have a lot of anti-hack measures installed but I cannot use Shade to stomp a pile of mobs in the Scrapyard without getting insta-kicked for either 1) Hitting too many things at once, 2) Having Fox Spirits on while beating a bunch of stuff up and 3) Using my HP Regen attack on a pile of mobs.

You are persecuting the legit players more than the hackers. I'd wager 95% of disconnections happen to legit players because hackers have disabled most of the UI and safeguards in the CPU area and legit players just play the vanilla game. 5% of the time, you may get a hacker. 95% of the time, a legit player gets griefed.

Different methods need to be used, especially with 5th job here. I'm trying to grind XP and I can't because insta-kick. I shouldn't have this problem.
  1. Do you get kicked for legit mobbing?13 votes
    1. All the time.
       8% (1 vote)
    2. ~75% of the time
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Half the time
       15% (2 votes)
    4. 25% of the time
       15% (2 votes)
    5. Only when I mob like crazy and kill too fast
       38% (5 votes)
    6. Nope. Never.
       23% (3 votes)

Comments

• XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited May 2017
    I went back two instances to the area I got kicked 3 times in under 2 minutes at to find that the map had been brutally punished by a hacker that had a vacuum hack going and was killing massively huge amounts of critters (they took a Burning ZOne from 100% to 50% in about 10 minutes) and they did not get kicked. But I did.

Fix it, Nexon. Fix it.
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Their hacks probably don't set off the nexon autokick algorithm so they can still use the hack otherwise it would be a self-defeating program. As is I get notified of using an illegal program after defeating an elite field boss and hitting the treasure chests after due to them spawning so many items per hit. I found it funny but also a bit aggravating. I would get kicked after the notice whenever I wanted to change screen/channel or just have the client instaclose.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Half of the time

I got kicked for spamming shining ray, one of cleric skills. I had a exp boost coupon activated at that time and a rune if swiftness.
    And what happens.
    I GET KICKED
    Its not my fault that the skill hits many enemies in a really short time span.

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, Nexon are currently looking into this and all the information you are giving helps a lot :)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Meh...only if its a laggy day for me...although the anti hack stuff doesn't seem like it has done a lot to deter the hackers :T
    DarkPassenger