[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning Player Event

ICEMAGEICEMAGE
Reactions: 615
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Nexon always rewards the returning players and the new players but how come they never reward the Loyal players that have been sticking with them through thick and thin? It gets to be where i would be better off not playing for months then coming back so i could get some cool stuff then actually playing the game. I wish they would put as much effort into retaining players as getting new ones but I guess that is Nexons logic.

Just the thoughts of a Loyal player.

Comments

• SkywritSkywrit
    Reactions: 310
    edited May 2017
    Makes sense to me to ask this question. I feel the same way, I hang around through all the messes / fixes but I never get a reward. Nexon Logic: Those players are just going to log on, get the rewards, use them for a week or so (until they run out) and not come back and or spend and money LIKE I DO on the game until you drag them back with a package.. meanwhile.. IM STILL HERE .. LOYAL PLAYER AND ALL! #WaitingForLOYALPLAYERpackage !
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Same
    I played when there were only the explorer class and NOW.
    We loyal and veterans player get nothing.
    I always came back to the game.
    Seriously they should reward us old players.

#REWARDTHEOLDPLAYERS
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I agree that it feels like Nexon considers us active players to be "in their pocket" already, and are only working to entice new and "lapsed" players to come back with all sorts of bribes.
    However, when you think about it more, you realize that while you play the game you get opportunities to earn all sorts of nice things, that people who are on a break miss out on. That's in addition to routine leveling up and collecting meso, which they obviously don't do while not playing. The idea of "welcome back" gifts is to help them catch up.

Let's look at what returning players are getting this time (and not for free, they have to do attendance for it) :
    100m meso - It might look like a lot, but how many meso did you loot (or gain by NPC'ing boss drops) over the past three months?
    120 power elixirs - That's less than one day's basic bossing, even if you're not doing anything beyond Zakum, Hilla, and Easy HT.
    150 spell traces - One sudden mission.
    50 all-cure potions - Drop from elite mobs.
    Unique Potential Scroll - Well, that's certainly a rare reward! But we got one from the Rocket Rider event.
    Bonus Potential Scroll - Also not easy to come by. I seem to recall we got one recently, but I can't remember which event it was from.

Let's look at what they missed out on:
    - A whole bunch of attendance and attendance-like events, giving all sorts of stuff: 2x exp/drop coupons, damage skins, chairs, nodestones, epic potential scrolls, cubes, etc, etc.
    - Burning Project
    - Pink Bean event
    - All the anniversary events, gifts and equipment, and all the goodies in the anniversary coin shop
    And a whole lot more.

Still think you'd have been better off to not play for the past 3 months?
  • SkywritSkywrit
    Reactions: 310
    edited May 2017
    ^ You make valid points and put that way , yes indeed its good to play. But.. I think the thing is its more of a feeling, not feeling valued for being loyal, putting in that hard work for all of those events. I know for me, I work my buns off in maple, to better my chars. Every once in a while it would just be nice to see something like this when I log in "Welcome back heres an unexpected but certainly earned reward for all of your hard work" maybe something like a bonus pot scroll, a 1k maple points etc.. I'm not saying it should be HUGE, just something to say "we appreciate your hard work, we appreciate you log on every single day" I've always felt like we should be able to earn more / nicer things with extremely hard work. Maybe I'm just old school.
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    Reactions: 615
    edited May 2017
    Oh we do get some decent stuff for playing but its never really free. We have to put our time and effort into gathering and working hard to do the events every day to get the rewards. It just gets on my nerves that Nexon runs these new and returning player events all the time. Once in a while it would be nice if they threw us loyal players a bone and gave us an event themed around us to show us they really do appreciate our loyalty.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Skywrit wrote: »
    ^ You make valid points and put that way , yes indeed its good to play. But.. I think the thing is its more of a feeling, not feeling valued for being loyal, putting in that hard work for all of those events. I know for me, I work my buns off in maple, to better my chars. Every once in a while it would just be nice to see something like this when I log in "Welcome back heres an unexpected but certainly earned reward for all of your hard work" maybe something like a bonus pot scroll, a 1k maple points etc.. I'm not saying it should be HUGE, just something to say "we appreciate your hard work, we appreciate you log on every single day" I've always felt like we should be able to earn more / nicer things with extremely hard work. Maybe I'm just old school.
    ICEMAGE wrote: »
    Oh we do get some decent stuff for playing but its never really free. We have to put our time and effort into gathering and working hard to do the events every day to get the rewards. It just gets on my nerves that Nexon runs these new and returning player events all the time. Once in a while it would be nice if they threw us loyal players a bone and gave us an event themed around us to show us they really do appreciate our loyalty.

But we do get those gifts. They're usually in Hot Weeks. No work, just log in and click on the box.
    Which is less than the returning players are having to do now to get their gifts.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    They used to give way better rewards lol. When I first came back two years ago, I got a perm aura ring, 10-20k maple points, a GoT chair, a 90-day revivable demon pet, a bunch of EXP present boxes (that give the etc 1.5x buff), and a Hero title that was tradeable-within-account. I heard the rewards were level based, too - higher leveled people got LGRs (time-limited but extendable), freakin' Wolf familiars, perma demon pet (that gave the buff too I think), and probably more maple points lol. THOSE rewards were definitely worth not playing for a bit.

At least this time they need to work for the rewards. As in, an attendance. And the best prize is just a 100% unique potential scroll lol. It's pretty good, but not wolf fam good.
    Skywrit wrote: »
    Every once in a while it would just be nice to see something like this when I log in "Welcome back heres an unexpected but certainly earned reward for all of your hard work" maybe something like a bonus pot scroll, a 1k maple points etc.. I'm not saying it should be HUGE, just something to say "we appreciate your hard work, we appreciate you log on every single day"

You just described hot week/attendance events. Like, to a T lol. Except I guess they announce those in advance. But if a returning player came on every time they announced those, they'd never really qualify for the returning player rewards lol. I dunno, maybe a hot week event that was only for people that logged in at least once in the past week might be nice once in a while.

(also, isn't everyone able to do the returning player attendance? or is it a hilarious error where returning players are the ONLY ones not able to do it lol?)

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Fennekin, yes, those returning player rewards were really over the top - they gave out stuff that active players could only dream of. And the forums then exploded with outrage.

Nexon has learned since (or just gotten more miserly), and returning player rewards haven't been "worth not playing" in a long time.

As for the attendance - yes, they said they fixed it in the unscheduled maintenance, but they didn't. I know there are some people who can't do it, but I haven't been able to figure out why.