[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make "weapon booster" skills passive

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Skilla like dark clarity, dark harmony, thorns etc have significant cast delay. Maple warrior was the only one they reduced cast delay and didnt become passive. Some skills still have cast delays and havent been made passive. The booster skills I would see becoming passive would be the ones that are non explorer, they have more animation than explorer booster skills.

How would it hurt to make explorer booster skills passive as well?
    Yes, they're easy to cast, but what's the importance of having to cast them, at all? Save everyone the key assignment, the periodic keypress, the choice at Ursus.

there are some instances where you dont want a buff turned on or casted.

And for those buffs, they were turned into toggles rather than passives.
    If you can come up with a plausible situation in which one would want booster off, we can change the suggestion to "Make 'weapon booster' into a toggle".
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    Maple warrior was the only one they reduced cast delay and didnt become passive.

Also, you do know Maple Warrior is a party buff, right?

I'm aware, thanks for that info. why?

Because no party buffs were made passive.

ok? but it did have a cast delay, which they reduced.

ok? but it's irrelevant to this discussion.
    They also did it in a separate patch than the one that turned most buffs passive.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    Maple warrior was the only one they reduced cast delay and didnt become passive.

Also, you do know Maple Warrior is a party buff, right?

I'm aware, thanks for that info. why?

Because no party buffs were made passive.

ok? but it did have a cast delay, which they reduced.

ok? but it's irrelevant to this discussion.
    They also did it in a separate patch than the one that turned most buffs passive.

My apologies for creating such a thread detour. One thing's for certain, if "Weapon Booster" skills do become passive skills, they should have their name changed to "Arms/Reflex Training", so that the new name fits the context better.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    if youre making weapon booster passive

might as well make every self buff skill passive rofl
    JettLuvsU
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Like I said, adventurer class weapon booster shouldnt be touched, other classes that have more animation in their weapon booster skill should either have their casting time reduced or to appease you, have it turned passive, I personally like casting booster. It takes less than a second to cast it. and i enjoy seeing the manifestation of breaking the speed cap from slow to fast.

I'm also seeing a lot of things to make things into toggles, the game will be too easy if everything was passive or a one time button to press. The upkeep on skills is to keep you on your toes. Next thing people are going to ask, "make new characters start off at 140"
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2017
    If this happens they better give Shade a booster as well.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Then players would have no reason to buy the pet auto-buff skill. Can't have that dent in Nexon's revenue.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Then players would have no reason to buy the pet auto-buff skill. Can't have that dent in Nexon's revenue.

Still need it for Maple Warrior.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I agree with making booster passive btw, but one thing I want to mention re: "making all self-buff skills passive" is phantom's inability to steal passives. So... please no.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I agree with making booster passive btw, but one thing I want to mention re: "making all self-buff skills passive" is phantom's inability to steal passives. So... please no.

Nexon already did it for most self-buffs.
    And phantom doesn't need to steal booster, he has his own.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    @AKradian Booster aside, I mean. As I wrote, I agree with this suggestion. But Cross Surge is a self-buff for example.
    AKradian
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    We can't hold back improving the game all because of phantom. Obviously if something like this caused a nerf to phantom they would be compensated in other ways.

Maybe they would now be allowed to steal certain passives, for example.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited May 2017
    Well Phantoms can already steal On/Off skills, so making buffs into On/Off skills would not break Phantom.
    edited May 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    Well Phantoms can already steal On/Off skills, so making buffs into On/Off skills would not break Phantom.

yeah but they still get cooldowns
    edited May 2017

Still need it for Maple Warrior.

no cast delay in maple warrior wouldnt lead to the need for auto skill, auto skill is for stuff with long cast delay like haste, shadow partner or others
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    If this happens they better give Shade a booster as well.

And while you're at it, Blaze Wizard and Angelic Buster's boosters should give 2 stages instead of just 1. Aran's booster got nerfed from 3 stages because it was a very unfair advantage.