[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Override Cash Shop boundaries

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With the upcoming summer vacation and the big Beyond Override patch, we should see a lot of returning players.
Many of these players will find themselves wanting to play a different class than before (*cough*Hayato*cough*), or having to level up a lot of mules they never intended to touch again, for Union.

It would be really nice if this patch finally allowed us to share our cash items between all characters. Isn't that in the spirit of Union?

Or at least have another Cash Transfer event, even though we had one fairly recently.
Its2Sharp4UFennekinPirateIzzySlicedTimeJulythatplantDragooooooooonRollsDiscordOfColorsShadowParadoxand 4 others.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    I agree with this
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    This would completely eliminate the continuous demand for Cash Shop Transfer Event. I would be in complete support for this suggestion to have a one for all Cash Shop Inventory to characters.
    Larykoeklizzybeth
  • LarykoekLarykoek
    Reactions: 220
    edited May 2017
    yeah why is it so hard to have cash shop through all classes it makes no sense tbh.
    you paid for it aswell
    Dragooooooooonlizzybeth
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    i got a perm hyper teleport rock and a few pets. Muahaha. this ought to be fun
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    I support this...I totally wish I could transfer over some stuff from some of my old af characters to newer characters.
    lizzybeth
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    I've always wondered why this wasn't in place for a long time. Seems to make people a lot happier if cash shop was shared between all characters. Happy people = More profit?
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    BunnySaki wrote: »
    I've always wondered why this wasn't in place for a long time. Seems to make people a lot happier if cash shop was shared between all characters. Happy people = More profit?

Because Pets. Especially for Reboot. A lot of people will buy pets for both their main and their kannas, and any additional mains they may have. If Every character already shared the same CS, Nexon would receive less money from players. I can't think of any other reason to be honest. Always being able to transfer removes the actual 'necessity' of buying pets, Cash Items, and such. Cash shop transfer events simply make it so players can become happy to "finally" do that, but they must make a solid decision on who it's transferred to.

Me personally, if I didn't have to buy a new pet on my Kanna to meso farm, I wouldn't have. (Of course, you can mitigate with Black Heart from Hard Hilla, but that's getting to lv 170).
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »

Because Pets. Especially for Reboot. A lot of people will buy pets for both their main and their kannas, and any additional mains they may have. If Every character already shared the same CS, Nexon would receive less money from players. I can't think of any other reason to be honest. Always being able to transfer removes the actual 'necessity' of buying pets, Cash Items, and such. Cash shop transfer events simply make it so players can become happy to "finally" do that, but they must make a solid decision on who it's transferred to.

Me personally, if I didn't have to buy a new pet on my Kanna to meso farm, I wouldn't have. (Of course, you can mitigate with Black Heart from Hard Hilla, but that's getting to lv 170).

It's a lot more simpler than that. Kanna's and Reboot didn't originally exist back then when the Cash Shop Inventory restrictions were first put into place when Aran, Knights of Cygnus, and Evan was released. A lot of people with items from Cash Shop could be easily transferred if that wasn't the case.

It would make people a lot more happier along the choices they make when they do by Cash Shop items if this restriction was lifted. Sure it may prevent additional duplicates or similar items to be bought by the same people, but it opens up the possibility of other players buying items due to a barrier being lifted. I think it's a win-win scenario.
    lizzybeth
  • DragooooooooonDragooooooooon
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited May 2017
    yeah seriously
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    If they're going to have transfer events at all, I don't see the point of not making it a permanent feature. If it were any loss to them, they would just not do them. At this point the only thing that having events instead of permanent cash transfer accomplishes is having people wait.
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    If they're going to have transfer events at all, I don't see the point of not making it a permanent feature. If it were any loss to them, they would just not do them. At this point the only thing that having events instead of permanent cash transfer accomplishes is having people wait.

very true. not many actually spend that much money to buy nx, the only time i bought nx was for permanent pets and i tell you right here and right now, i will never spend money on this game. out of principle of course, wasting hard earned money on the same feature over and over feels like a huge draw back. enough people already spend nx on random boxes but nexon is just too greedy. i understand they're a company and their sole purpose is making money but at this point its setting up stupid restrictions just for the sake of being a**es. personally i wouldn't go through the trouble of transferring pets even while leveling mules as it creates more work for me and i don't need the loot (maybe the auto buff but its annoying to constantly change it) but its still a stupid restriction.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »

It's a lot more simpler than that. Kanna's and Reboot didn't originally exist back then when the Cash Shop Inventory restrictions were first put into place when Aran, Knights of Cygnus, and Evan was released. A lot of people with items from Cash Shop could be easily transferred if that wasn't the case.

It would make people a lot more happier along the choices they make when they do by Cash Shop items if this restriction was lifted. Sure it may prevent additional duplicates or similar items to be bought by the same people, but it opens up the possibility of other players buying items due to a barrier being lifted. I think it's a win-win scenario.

Don't forget back in the day only explorers existed and they had shared inventories so it never started for this reason. It was more of a reason to get players to buy duplicates of 90-day cash items they had on their explorers for their Cygnus Knights, if not for the fact they could only get to a max level of 120, but wanted everyone to have a fair advantage of getting their knight to 120 without hand-me-downs? It's really a mystery lost in time.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    Don't forget back in the day only explorers existed and they had shared inventories so it never started for this reason. It was more of a reason to get players to buy duplicates of 90-day cash items they had on their explorers for their Cygnus Knights, if not for the fact they could only get to a max level of 120, but wanted everyone to have a fair advantage of getting their knight to 120 without hand-me-downs? It's really a mystery lost in time.

It was very clearly a cash grab.
    Don't forget that back then, most in-game equipment was fully tradeable, so could be "handed down". There was no "fair advantage" (what?).
    I made a Dawn Warrior and let it use my Hero's gear so it could be strong and level fast. But it couldn't use my Hero's Cash clothes (well, all I had at the time was a transparent hat) to look good while doing it, or use Hero's pet to loot stuff.

Cygnus Knights were supposed to be a "side project", or a very long "quest", not a class you can main (because of their low level cap). Nexon wanted to make sure people spent NX on them despite that, so they gave them a separate and "exclusive" cash storage.

But I believe it is time to override that mindset. Our characters are all one Legion, none of them should hoard any goodies away from the others.