[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Get Disconnected > Lose XP/Drop Buffs

ZomestryZomestry
Reactions: 500
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
Anyone else lose all their xp/drop buffs when they get disconnected by the server? Not cool.
  1. Do you lose your buffs when you get disconnected?26 votes
    1. Always
       54% (14 votes)
    2. Sometimes
       42% (11 votes)
    3. Never
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited May 2017
    This is on our list of feedback we've delivered and working to resolve. We've see Maplers express their frustrations with "popping everything" then disconnected only to lose everything.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Hah. I was about to dojo last night (so I wouldn't have to worry about it during Double XP Weekend on RuneScape). Used guild skills, echo of hero, bunch of expendable buffs aaaaand game window goes black right before I'm about to start. So I either do dojo blind or restart MapleStory and poof, goodbye buffs. Would be nice if those buffs persisted too. Their cooldowns (echo and guild skills) only count down when you're online anyway...

And they weren't EXP/Drop buffs, but goddamn am I annoyed that I'm gonna have to xp waste on RuneScape to do dojo this weekend lol.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    This is on our list of feedback we've delivered and working to resolve. We've see Maplers express their frustrations with "popping everything" then disconnected only to lose everything.

Well we wouldn't dc so much if you didn't get rid of gamelauncher... the nexon launcher is just not stable.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017

Well we wouldn't dc so much if you didn't get rid of gamelauncher... the nexon launcher is just not stable.

I don't understand why we got this in the first place. Did they copy the idea from KMS, because it doesn't make sense to keep implementing something that the players obviously aren't satisfied with. Obviously it isn't fixing whatever type of "botting problem" or whatever the heck they were hoping it would fix because now there's more bots than ever. You guys are going backwards constantly.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Tuba wrote: »

I don't understand why we got this in the first place. Did they copy the idea from KMS, because it doesn't make sense to keep implementing something that the players obviously aren't satisfied with. Obviously it isn't fixing whatever type of "botting problem" or whatever the heck they were hoping it would fix because now there's more bots than ever. You guys are going backwards constantly.

Basically they just want to advertise there other games.. yeah KMS also has it but they still have gamelauncher..
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    Odd i thought they fixed the 2x buff d/c thing when i d/c or even log out with a 2xp or 2x drop with like 20-15 minutes left i retain my buff i used ( and no im not talking about the cash shop 2xp buff) with minus the time it took while i was offline.