[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In-game clock

EverenceEverence
Reactions: 750
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
In order to avoid confusion with the time zone being UTC, for both new and returning players, I would like to suggest the addition of an in-game clock. I just got back into the game and i messed up on some events simply because i didn't know maple was now operating on a time zone that doesn't cover any of north america, despite it being the north america server. There needs to be some notice or post with each event as to what times or time zones are being referred to when it comes to time sensitive events. In-game clock would resolve most of the confusion though, everyone will realize the time is just screwed up and base it off that.
  1. What could be done to fix the time issue?13 votes
    1. Nothing, you just need to learn UTC
       15% (2 votes)
    2. In-game clock sounds okay.
       54% (7 votes)
    3. I'd prefer they change it back to PST
       31% (4 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    We do have in-game clocks, at airports.
    Trouble is, we don't use airships anymore, so we hardly ever pass by a clock.

I think the UI should include a clock (which should also display the date and day of the week, e.g. "Monday, May 22, 8:37"). Bottom right corner seems like a good place to put it (same place Windows puts theirs). The EXP bar can easily be shortened.

If not that, add a "/time" command to the chat, so we could at least query the time.

And speaking of the chat, it would be nice if we could configure it to include timestamps on messages. Both as a replacement for an in-game clock, and to be able to tell how long ago something happened (if we were AFK).
    SlicedTimeIts2Sharp4UBunnySakiEverenceRolls
  • EverenceEverence
    Reactions: 750
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    We do have in-game clocks, at airports.
    Trouble is, we don't use airships anymore, so we hardly ever pass by a clock.

I think the UI should include a clock (which should also display the date and day of the week, e.g. "Monday, May 22, 8:37"). Bottom right corner seems like a good place to put it (same place Windows puts theirs). The EXP bar can easily be shortened.

If not that, add a "/time" command to the chat, so we could at least query the time.

And speaking of the chat, it would be nice if we could configure it to include timestamps on messages. Both as a replacement for an in-game clock, and to be able to tell how long ago something happened (if we were AFK).

forgot about airports but yes, what you said, totally agree with.
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    Reactions: 990
    edited May 2017
    The last time I suggested an in game clock, I was told that there is a clock at the ship zones.
    The event calendar isn't always accurate. For me, the Mechanical Hearts event said "In progress" when it hadn't technically started yet.
    With the plans to finalize the time zones and fix everything to a set time, an in game-clock in the UI would be nice. It'd certainly be more functional.
    Add an in game clock as part of the UI please. I think it would help out a lot with the time confusions.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017