[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

????????? Hackers in Basically Every Server

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
So, I'm like one of those players who actually play for story and content rather than speed leveling every class to max level, which is the major reason why I'm in Mu Lung Garden/Herb Town. I've been trying to do all the quests in both sides, and at least in the Mu Lung Garden areas, there's those rare few servers where there's not many hackers... And then go to Herb Town: Bam! Hacker central. I've basically switched through all twenty channels and all of them have hackers in 10-Year-Old-Herb Garden and basically the rest of the areas nearby with enough mobs to actually quest efficiently do. I'm so tired T_T I just want to finish all my quests, get my Maple Guide Stamp (which requires killing 500 mobs), and get some Monster Cards... Pls let me live... Side note: @Nexon look through the Mu Lung Garden/Herb Town mobbing areas if you want to ban hackers. There's a lot...
ArTeMaGiCa

Comments

• BXLBXL
    edited May 2017
    Update: Legit, I'm switching around servers hoping that I'll catch a server in which a hacker has gone to sell for a bit so I can actually mob a little. Worked for approximately 5 seconds.

Then after typing this my game crashed. Perfect ending... xd
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    I couldn't finish defeating King Sage Cat because of the massive amount of hacking done in the Mu Lung Garden Region. Indeed it is hacker central.
    BXL
  • EverenceEverence
    Reactions: 750
    edited May 2017
    it's not hard to spot hackers, if they are on one map, odds are there is another on a different channel of the same map. It doesn't sound like it'd be hard to catch them. I'm just assuming the banning process is a long one or maple doesn't have the man power to handle it.
    BXL
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I know what you mean.
    Tried to train at sleepywoods vor mysterious paths but there were
    always these full map one hitting blaze wizards.
    BXL
  • BXLBXL
    edited May 2017
    It's just annoying... I would say a solution is to add more channels but then there would just be *more* hackers...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    BXL wrote: »
    It's just annoying... I would say a solution is to add more channels but then there would just be *more* hackers...

Adding more channels basically extends the hunting grounds for current hackers in deserted, remote, or secluded maps.

I would say a solution is finding a way to permanently patch full map attacks. That's the reason why the top 3 classes that are hacking are Blaze Wizards, Kinesis, and Blaster. I mean it's been well over a few months since it came into existence. It should be a top priority to cripple the hacking population.

Another is to set-up a hacker trap without utilizing the auto-ban system with a little innovation. A good example would be Hard Magnus and Arcane Shade Equipment in GMS, or Cygnus in EMS.

I wouldn't mind about the hackers since it's unavoidable in many MMOs, but people have been doing it blatantly and by showing off. It's time for them to stop, it's time to put an end to their tracks. There's more in hurt than benefits from hackers.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited May 2017
    *sigh* we have to think of a clever way to stop the hackers if we don't think sooner or later it's gonna get worse this is a tough battle that were facing but we won't stop.