[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Inactive Names

HydriixHydriix
Reactions: 500
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Will there every be another event that releases character names that are inactive? So hard to think of a good name nowadays

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Most likely no, would be nice though cause many people take the good ones and dont even use it.. What a waste
    Hydriix
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if this is already a thing.. But I wonder if we could live chat and ask about an IGN? I'd love to make a character with a specific name that isn't even visible on the Rankings, but is taken. Would be cool to be able to at least try and get a character name that may have either been banned, or completely inactive.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited June 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »
    Not sure if this is already a thing.. But I wonder if we could live chat and ask about an IGN? I'd love to make a character with a specific name that isn't even visible on the Rankings, but is taken. Would be cool to be able to at least try and get a character name that may have either been banned, or completely inactive.

WoW used to do this, but now they just release inactive IGNs after every expansion.

It's clear the previous IGN wipe did some good clearing up names taken from the maplestory beta days, but only relatively few people got what they wanted because of the massive amounts of hoarders. There should either be a clear-upon-request system via GM chat or a wipe every 2~3 years. Otherwise we will keep seeing threads like these pop up every now.