[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make certain changes to magnus please...

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I cannot believe this boss has gotten worse than before...

He was already annoying but now even worse

Before I would be fine being outside his barrier, but now I'm losing hp every 1-2 seconds if i'm not in the barrier

Like... are you serious? Its bad enough with the falling meteors and his attack that pushes you away (most often leading you into a 1 hit ko meteor)

Now i'm forced to be in his barrier just to not get damaged every 1-2 seconds..

Of course being in his barrier is to deal more damage to him, but there are times when its not safe to be in the barrier

For the love of god, make changes to this annoying of a boss please

Add more death counts, remove that annoying 1-2 second damage for being outside his barrier, anything..

The death count I believe was 20 before on normal, now its 10.

So let me get this straight, you made it harder and reduced the death count as well? Well that totally makes sense..

Its sad to have someone with 700k range not being able to kill him

I would be better off with chaos vellum than this annoying garbage of a boss...

Comments

• BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited June 2017
    The changes were made to make hard magnus more challenging and to actually take skill to beat instead of dying and waiting to respawn at the last second. It was a little annoying at first but you get use to it and with more range it is a lot easier to fight him.
    Kylehell007
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2017
    Lower life in Magnus, but now it's individual death count. So ideally you need to make a party to defeat Magnus. Before it had higher life count, but it was shared death count.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    This is how it's meant to be. It was like that in KMS for ages and they decided to finally bring it over to ours after fixing various bugs.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    This is how it's meant to be. It was like that in KMS for ages and they decided to finally bring it over to ours after fixing various bugs.

This. -- Also.. I consider HMag to be pretty okay in comparison to CVell..

With 700k range, you expected to clear HMag easily? If you're talking about NMag, just sounds like you need to learn the mechanics better and be more patient. RNG does hurt sometimes, but that makes it more interesting.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Well, looks like everyone likes magnus lol

My bad...
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    What class? I'm sure people can offer you tips with just that info. Also all of his attacks except the bind potions are instant hit as in the first frame of the attack is where hurt boxes exist.

Take the spin KD for example, as soon as he whiffs his initial spin you can be right next to him not taking any damage. The insta kill where he's in the air. As soon as the attack launches you can overlap onto it because the active frames of damage are gone and now it's just a graphic that's there to confuse you. The time that his attacks can damage you don't linger throughout the whole attack animation.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »

With 700k range, you expected to clear HMag easily? If you're talking about NMag, just sounds like you need to learn the mechanics better and be more patient. RNG does hurt sometimes, but that makes it more interesting.

I find Chaos Vellum a lot more fair than Hard Magnus.

Chaos Vellum requires absolute patience and accuracy. One wrong move can cost a live. The only difference is needing more IED and damage.

Magnus on the other hand literally bombards like no tomorrow. Combine it with random meteors that speed up depending on how much HP Magnus has.

Regardless for each end-game boss, if you don't have the control no matter how much damage you can dish out you'll never be able to clear it without practice. It takes a fool to reach to their goal and a wise one to avoid it altogether. When I originally cleared Hard Magnus and Chaos Vellum many people thought I needed more range or IED, not less. 5th Job also gave me that boost, but with my precision it made it a lot easier.

That doesn't mean I find Magnus an easy boss. Maybe more fair than Lotus but that's something else.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017

Chaos Vellum requires absolute patience and accuracy. One wrong move can cost a live. The only difference is needing more IED and damage.

Magnus on the other hand literally bombards like no tomorrow. Combine it with random meteors that speed up depending on how much HP Magnus has.

Regardless for each end-game boss, if you don't have the control no matter how much damage you can dish out you'll never be able to clear it without practice. It takes a fool to reach to their goal and a wise one to avoid it altogether. When I originally cleared Hard Magnus and Chaos Vellum many people thought I needed more range or IED, not less. 5th Job also gave me that boost, but with my precision it made it a lot easier.

That doesn't mean I find Magnus an easy boss. Maybe more fair than Lotus but that's something else.

I would honestly say...remove the Gas from Magnus...due to the fact he puts you undead so you cannot heal out of the gas...It's a wombo combo of death in a Hmag run. Only thing that bugs me is the gas and when my Bishop tries to heal...I just end up killing the entire party and myself.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I would honestly say...remove the Gas from Magnus...due to the fact he puts you undead so you cannot heal out of the gas...It's a wombo combo of death in a Hmag run. Only thing that bugs me is the gas and when my Bishop tries to heal...I just end up killing the entire party and myself.

Make sure members are not Zombified. But yeah meteors are too much most of the time. So your best friend is Bind, Dark Sight if you are a thief minus Xenon, invincibility if you are a Paladin or Cry Valhalla if you are a Hero.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    What i find annoying is how much i lag after the V-Patch came out, before i could ress and just jump into action, now i lag like 3seconds up to 5 having half or even more of my hp depleted by the Dot making it almost impossible to reach him if he's far.