[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increase the max Character slots

DaxiDaxi
Reactions: 1,800
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Currently we can only 40 total Characters on a server. There's 41 total classes (42 with PB), with another one on the way. Meaning you're unable to have even 1 of everything.

Previously that's not been a huge issue but with the upcoming Legion system you're even more encouraged to have multiple characters, potentially even 1 of everything.

What I would like to suggest is that the max amount of slots be increased (ideally to 80) and have Legion levels only be calculated from the 40 highest level Characters. I believe players should be able to have up to 1 of everything with space for at least some doubles.

New updates are encouraging alts but the character limit is actively punishing people for doing what we're incentivised to do. I would like to level a second set of links/have a F/P but I can't. I can't take part in any of the many events that reward/encourage leveling new characters, nor can I make a Zero/new class if/when we get it/them without first deleting a level 200+ character.

If the physical storage costs would be too great for Nexon (which seems unlikely considering other regions don't even charge for character slots, you start with the full 40 unlocked and Nexon hands out character slots like candy) then Nexon could consider a different slot coupon that they don't give out for free which can only be used for 41+.

I know it's technically possible because when the EMS servers were merged players who had >40 total characters were able to keep them, giving them >40 characters on 1 server.
JettLuvsUyarin5445Vimi

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    theres 43 in total if you include the new one and pb.

I have 40 characters in reboot, zero +1, and pb +1 and then the new cadena class +1.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I'm curious as to whether KMS players are just accepting the need to delete a high-leveled character to make room for Cadena, and for Pink Bean whenever the event returns. They don't have as many classes, but they too are pushed by Union to make 40 characters of at least level 150.

If they convince KMS to raise the limit there, then we should get the raised limit here when we get Cadena.

But if they're taking this lying down, then we need to make it clear that we need at least 4 slots more than KMS, for the 4 classes they don't have and we do. And yes, Legion should only count the 40 highest leveled characters.
    Ivangoldforumsareannoying
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

I have 40 characters in reboot, zero +1, and pb +1 and then the new cadena class +1.

That's what I said. :3
    Daxi wrote: »
    There's 41 total classes (42 with PB), with another one on the way.
    edited June 2017

That's what I said. :3
    There's 41 total classes (42 with PB), with another one on the way.

true true
    edited June 2017
    I would say if they have a handful of characters at 200+ they wont need 40 characters to be at 150. which leaves them room for the new character and pb, if they even do pb event.

but I would agree to expand the max character limit right now.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I would say if they have a handful of characters at 200+ they wont need 40 characters to be at 150. which leaves them room for the new character and pb, if they even do pb event.

I have 40 characters 200+.
    edited June 2017

If they dont expand slots, you will be able to sacrifice one ( perhaps one non beneficial to your Legion Board) for the new class if GMS server gets it. Looks like the link is critical damage.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'm curious as to whether KMS players are just accepting the need to delete a high-leveled character to make room for Cadena, and for Pink Bean whenever the event returns. They don't have as many classes, but they too are pushed by Union to make 40 characters of at least level 150.

If they convince KMS to raise the limit there, then we should get the raised limit here when we get Cadena.

But if they're taking this lying down, then we need to make it clear that we need at least 4 slots more than KMS, for the 4 classes they don't have and we do. And yes, Legion should only count the 40 highest leveled characters.

KMS only has 38 classes, excluding Pink Bean so they don't really need an expansion

w/ the next 2 upcoming classes, they'll be at cap.
    DarkPassengerVimi
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    my strategy for union specifically targetted 8000 union with 39 chars for flexibility. That said, it would be nicer to not have to worry about it.
    edited June 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

KMS only has 38 classes, excluding Pink Bean so they don't really need an expansion

true, no jett kanna or hayato.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    Considering I'm actually starting to come back, be extremely active , stream, and have goals to achieve.

Let alone I play on GRAZED, Reboot, and Luna.

I would like to have more than 40 character slots overall so I can eventually get every class in game done up to a comfortable place that I'm happy with.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    This would be good, i agree we should have more slots, they should make 42slots so we can have all jobs in the game including the upcoming one Cadena.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Id like an expanded slots...
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

If they dont expand slots, you will be able to sacrifice one ( perhaps one non beneficial to your Legion Board) for the new class if GMS server gets it. Looks like the link is critical damage.

That's exactly the issue, I don't think players should have to delete characters they put work into in order to play everything.. Which is why I have this suggestion.
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    my strategy for union specifically targetted 8000 union with 39 chars for flexibility. That said, it would be nicer to not have to worry about it.

So did I. The issue is that with level up events, Zero and new class I'll have to delete more. :/

I don't see why I should have to delete characters at all, especially non-duplicates.
    Ivangold wrote: »
    This would be good, i agree we should have more slots, they should make 42slots so we can have all jobs in the game including the upcoming one Cadena.

I think we should have more, so I can have a second set of links.
    JettLuvsUyarin5445
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited June 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »

true, no jett kanna or hayato.

you also forgot Beast Tamer, JMS class.

from the answer i got off Max (Orange Blog owner)

It's really up to GMS to increase the character slot, They won't be able to say "only if KMS does it" rofl