[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make traits great again!(?)

DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
Reactions: 965
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
as of right now the only traits worth getting the the easiest too, will power for 20 status resist, charm for obvious reasons, and diligence for bossing. insight diligence and empathy feel way underwhelming especially insight!

i've slowly been working on my traits for a while now, approximately 2 years, and in the past few months you've given those awesome trait potions through events that made it so much easier to obtain trait exp, however insight is a serious waste of time for anyone above level 140. when i focused on leveling it (got it to level 57 before those beautiful potions came) i did it with the intention of not paying mesos when i reveal potential and when i cube, however my insight is level 100 and i still pay the full price for basically any equip worthwhile, its probably been at least 4 years since an equip worth keeping was level 120 or under. i think its time for some tweaks,
as for empathy i assume you changed empathy from 30% quests exp because it was either too op or people just didn't like it but it feels like too big a nerf to get a mere 10% buff duration as helpful as it is.

my suggestion is:
inscrease the perception rank 3 from insight to cover a wider level of equips (rank one and 2 can also be buffed if necessary) or give a discount for revealing that increases with rank similar to the old system maybe like 10%/20%/30% discount or something similar, cause the way it is right now its not benefiting anybody in any way since it takes too much work to be worth it for even new players

increase the buff duration from empathy from 10% to at least 20% or make it so it works on skills/buffs that aren't normally effected by buff duration like hypers and 5th job skills (truth be told, that 2nd option wouldn't even benefit me)

and diligence.. well that one is alright.. (maybe just explain what special scrolls mean :P, i wonder if it even works on spell traces lol)

don't judge my leveling pace im trying to enjoy this game not hate it ^-^

Comments

• TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    You're suggesting this when Wondroid event literally lets everyone reach max on all traits insanely easily?

My Beast Tamer is going to be made tonight and I'll reach lv.100 on all traits.

Aside from that, I think traits are fine the way they are.
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    edited June 2017
    @tsukibaka i don't think the difficulty of leveling it has anything to do with my suggestion
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    @tsukibaka i don't think the difficulty of leveling it has anything to do with my suggestion

It has a lot to do with it.
    Rewards should generally scale with the effort required to reach them.
    What you're saying is: give everyone these more powerful buffs for free.
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

It has a lot to do with it.
    Rewards should generally scale with the effort required to reach them.
    What you're saying is: give everyone these more powerful buffs for free.

"powerful" not really.. just minor adjustments that seem to me like they'd actually interest people and not just the free 3 traits you gain passively from playing maplestory, sure rewards should scale but lets disregard this single event for a moment, those 3 traits im talking about are so hard to get, by normal means it would take you about 6 months if you get it to cap, yes, there's the potions that let you go above the daily cap but c'mon how often do you even get those? monsterpark is no longer a viable option for those, most events give you that 11k trait potion but its only once per event? how many events do we even get? once every month? it would still take a while to max those, maybe then people would put effort into maxing those, since for most people the rewards are so neglect able that they don't bother with it unless its free like from events or they ran out of meaningful things to do in maple.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited June 2017
    I just want to have the trait items from the wondroid event, etc to be able to stack to 3000 instead of the 100. =/

It's pretty lame overall.