[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion to make Reboot more fun for all players

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    You can still enjoy the game and get mesos. I get like 20m from just killing pianus' alone (channel surfing the map and selling the equipment it drops). Other bosses also gives heaps of cash. But it won't ever be faster than a farming kanna/phantom. Otherwise kishin farming wouldn't be a thing.

You can't have your cake and eat it, sir.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SpectralRyder

just because some of the players resort to using multiple computers at the same time to get ahead, doesn't mean all players do or have to...

i'm just pointing out that people spoil the game for the rest of us by doing things like this, which in turn causes limits to be placed.

i also didn't say anything about leaving characters at XXX level either, if you want to take a character further, find someone willing to party with you, find some friends, be social, you could very much benefit from it...

or you could do it like i'm forced to every day, alone with no mules, i can assure you it's not impossible, nor is it too lengthy, it will take at most 7-10 months to go from 1 to 200, possibly another 5-7 months to reach 250 (not accounting for 2x events, varied by character), but it is nowhere near impossible, and it saves quite a bit of desk space, you'll also have some foot-room underneath said desk too...

but who am i kidding, the multibox mentality is becoming too toxic to even care...
    How did multiple accounts and boxes even get into this conversation?

Seems like despite the multi-level quoting in these new forums, you're still losing track of what we are talking about.

Let me recap:
    - You suggested a PQ for Reboot, that rewards meso.
    - I said people would either sit there all day or not use it at all.
    - You suggested an entry limit.
    - I said entry limits don't matter when we have 40 characters. By that, I meant that people would do the PQ on all 40 characters on their account, and transfer the meso to their mains.
    - You seemed to understand that I was talking about one account, since you suggested per-account limits.
    - ZephyrusSpring objected to account limits.
    - You said account limits are there to prevent botting and cheating.
    - I gave other examples of using multiple characters on the same account, claiming it isn't cheating. And I questioned why botting was even mentioned.
    - You go on a rant about multibox multi-account solo mentality.

What?
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited October 2016
    MrCoolCut
    MrCoolCut said:

...I know myself if I made just as many mesos training my merc on a map with lvl 210 mobs has I would sitting at northern heights with my kanna I would enjoy the game more. And i'm sure there are other people who would share that opinion. ...

Have you ever asked yourself what are you using all these farmed mesos for in Reboot ? There's nothing to buy in FM or trade between other players in Reboot. Are there something that you are not telling us ? So... the multi-billion dollars question that haunted all the game deveopers is : why?

- Bored and nothing good to do in real life so you find something to occupy your mind ? (kill time)
    - Feeling good to grind and max out the meso limit ? (escape from reality)
    - Selling accounts for real life money ?? (make $$$)
    - Trying to max out every purchasable inventory expansions that you couldn't do in non-Reboot world ? (game goal challenge)
    - Trying to collect every CS item with mesos ? (game goal challenge)
    - Improving damages ? (game goal challenge)

It doesn't sound right to assume that improving mesos drop rate will make the game fun. Not at all or at least not to me. Making it fun has to be started from the fundamentals... i.e. why are you playing this game ?

Notice that 'farming mesos' is a process. It's not a reason.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

MrCoolCut
    MrCoolCut said:

...I know myself if I made just as many mesos training my merc on a map with lvl 210 mobs has I would sitting at northern heights with my kanna I would enjoy the game more. And i'm sure there are other people who would share that opinion. ...

Have you ever asked yourself what are you using all these farmed mesos for in Reboot ? There's nothing to buy in FM or trade between other players in Reboot. Are there something that you are not telling us ? So... the multi-billion dollars question that haunted all the game deveopers is : why?

- Bored and nothing good to do in real life so you find something to occupy your mind ? (kill time)
    - Feeling good to grind and max out the meso limit ? (escape from reality)
    - Selling accounts for real life money ?? (make $$$)
    - Trying to max out every purchasable inventory expansions that you couldn't do in non-Reboot world ? (game goal challenge)
    - Trying to collect every CS item with mesos ? (game goal challenge)
    - Improving damages ? (game goal challenge)

It doesn't sound right to assume that improving mesos drop rate will make the game fun. Not at all or at least not to me. Making it fun has to be started from the fundamentals... i.e. why are you playing this game ?

Notice that 'farming mesos' is a process. It's not a reason.

Cubes cost meso in Reboot.
    People farm meso to buy cubes to improve their gear.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    Ok. That means improving damage will make the game fun ? But improving damages is a process again. What do you need the damage for ? killing those impossible to kill bosses? So, most people will find it more fun to kill bosses, right ? But again, killing bosses is a process. What's behind that? Get better gear to get higher damages like you said ?
    So... indulging oneself into a forever damage increase "LOOP" is the most fun at all ? Is this really what most people consider as fun ?
    If that's the case... Nexon should forever create impossible to kill bosses and forever to lure you into this gear/damage improvement to make it more fun? They've been doing that for 10+ years along and pretty successful. Maybe it's just they just can't keep up the "players want MORE" pace... So ultimate more fun suggestion: you want them to crank out more content in a faster pace so you can make more mesos to improve your damage and that will make the game more fun, right?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Ok. That means improving damage will make the game fun ? But improving damages is a process again. What do you need the damage for ? killing those impossible to kill bosses? So, most people will find it more fun to kill bosses, right ? But again, killing bosses is a process. What's behind that? Get better gear to get higher damages ?
    So... indulging oneself into a forever damage increase "LOOP" is the most fun at all ? Is this really what most people consider as fun ?
    If that's the case... Nexon should forever create impossible to kill bosses and forever to lure you into this gear/damage improvement to make it more fun? They've been doing that all along... they just can't keep up the players want MORE pace
    Do you know what the point of Reboot is?
    It's the "no pay2win" server. It's for people who want damage (yes, to beat bosses with) without paying real-world money.
    So, yes, to them, getting damage is fun.
    Just as it's fun for those who pour real-world $$ into their gear on the other worlds.

If you're not interested in any of that, then obviously Reboot, and the question of how to get strong there, is irrelevant to you. Why bother to post in a thread concerning itself with that, then?
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    @Akradian This is not General Chat. Be more constructive here.
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

just because some of the players resort to using multiple computers at the same time to get ahead, doesn't mean all players do or have to...

i'm just pointing out that people spoil the game for the rest of us by doing things like this, which in turn causes limits to be placed.

i also didn't say anything about leaving characters at XXX level either, if you want to take a character further, find someone willing to party with you, find some friends, be social, you could very much benefit from it...

or you could do it like i'm forced to every day, alone with no mules, i can assure you it's not impossible, nor is it too lengthy, it will take at most 7-10 months to go from 1 to 200, possibly another 5-7 months to reach 250 (not accounting for 2x events, varied by character), but it is nowhere near impossible, and it saves quite a bit of desk space, you'll also have some foot-room underneath said desk too...

but who am i kidding, the multibox mentality is becoming too toxic to even care...
    How did multiple accounts and boxes even get into this conversation?

Seems like despite the multi-level quoting in these new forums, you're still losing track of what we are talking about.

Let me recap:
    - You suggested a PQ for Reboot, that rewards meso.
    - I said people would either sit there all day or not use it at all.
    - You suggested an entry limit.
    - I said entry limits don't matter when we have 40 characters. By that, I meant that people would do the PQ on all 40 characters on their account, and transfer the meso to their mains.
    - You seemed to understand that I was talking about one account, since you suggested per-account limits.
    - ZephyrusSpring objected to account limits.
    - You said account limits are there to prevent botting and cheating.
    - I gave other examples of using multiple characters on the same account, claiming it isn't cheating. And I questioned why botting was even mentioned.
    - You go on a rant about multibox multi-account solo mentality.

What?

i blame lack of sleep for this one, i may have misread a few comments, and ended up in one of my sleep deprived ramblings...

but still, there has to be some way to have something like this without everyone and their mothers abusing it on all of their characters, i only proposed the per account limit as a way to combat this, it already works for most, if not all mabinogi events...

insomnia, it's never fun...
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Reboot is like old school style the boss is much harder but mesos suppose u get faster that's what I heard from a long time update of reboot.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    So to come to a conclusion after 3 pages of discussion:

- Nerf NH and non KMS-content so players stop meso farm their and people spread more over the game and actually start doing the game content, leveling up their chars (gives plenty of mesos) and do bosses (gives a lot of mesos).

I think that way the server gets a bit more challenging and fun!
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Ok. That means improving damage will make the game fun ? But improving damages is a process again. What do you need the damage for ? killing those impossible to kill bosses? So, most people will find it more fun to kill bosses, right ? But again, killing bosses is a process. What's behind that? Get better gear to get higher damages like you said ?
    If that's the case... Nexon should forever create impossible to kill bosses and forever to lure you into this gear/damage improvement to make it more fun? They've been doing that for 10+ years along and pretty successful. Maybe it's just they just can't keep up the "players want MORE" pace... So ultimate more fun suggestion: you want them to crank out more content in a faster pace so you can make more mesos to improve your damage and that will make the game more fun, right?
    Can you explain me the point of maple besides improving your gear, kill bosses and level? Use the game as a chat program? Grind the same maps forever and just kill mobs?Being able to progress (lv and gear) and kill bosses is what makes it fun.

Reboot concept is great (once upon a time maple only had cosmetics things and pets in cashshop, probably you didn't play back them), but needs some adjustments, regarding gear, meso drops, quests (all servers need a quest revamp to make them more useful) and pqs. Most of quests in this server are useless, just a few give gear and potential scrolls the rest is garbage for exp and mesos.
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

So to come to a conclusion after 3 pages of discussion:

- Nerf NH and non KMS-content so players stop meso farm their and people spread more over the game and actually start doing the game content, leveling up their chars (gives plenty of mesos) and do bosses (gives a lot of mesos).

I think that way the server gets a bit more challenging and fun!
    The worse solution... do you even play on reboot?
    I don't have a farming character and I've been leveling and doing bosses, mesos aren't that easy to get considering the amount you spend on cubes due to the rng. W/o cubing your gear there is no way to increase dmg after a certain lv, and w/o it you can't do the bosses that give you better gear. Or are you the type that beg sppl to carry you in the boss runs? Playing as a leacher is not my gaming style.

Better solution: quests need revamping to actually give useful things and mesos and not be a waste a time (and that applies to all servers). There is very few quests that are actually worth to do.

• ShanochiShanochi
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The correct solution is not to increase meso drops on other mobs, but to adjust non-KMS areas to behave like KMS areas.
    Which means: Mobs have 10x the HP, and no meso drops if you're over 20 levels higher than the mobs.
    ^ I couldn't agreed more with this.

Reboot pretty much has already impacted the majority of the main servers. In fact, more and more players are planning to leave the main servers in regarding of unlimited cubbing heaven for the past 2 months.