[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Characters having a narrator [POLL]

Jesus1254789Jesus1254789
Reactions: 610
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
What's your opinion on characters having a narrator instead of your character talking out loud (for Explorers, Resistance, Cygnus knights, non-hero characters,etc.) and having their own dialogue?

For example:

Instead of: "I'm beginning to feel cold"

We use: "You begin to feel cold"

I feel like this can make the game feel more like a story and be able to imprint your own personality onto your character if you want.
  1. Dialogue vs Narration18 votes
    1. I prefer my Adventurer to have dialogue.
       39% (7 votes)
    2. I prefer my Adventurer to be narrated about.
       61% (11 votes)

Comments

• ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017
    Hmm, well I would actually have to see how that works out to actually say, but I voted for 2 since I think it could be interesting.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    so you play to relate to your avatar? or have your avatar match your "personality" and "style"?

it's not our personally story, the maple world already has storyline set.

• Jesus1254789Jesus1254789
    edited June 2017
    so you play to relate to your avatar? or have your avatar match your "personality" and "style"?

My avatar is an extension of myself and represents my self-expression. I feel like that dialogue hinders that if I wanna feel like I'm immersed.

I would agree with you if we were talking about the heroes, but the explorers and other non-hero classes have a story that seem more like "average-joe who gets caught up in a situation a bunch of other people do, too and not based off of any destiny". There's a story, but it's not like the player is "the chosen one".
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited June 2017

I kinda disagree. I always saw the generic classes as, like you said, our avatars. So I always like to imprint myself on those generic characters. Like TC said, it's not like with the heroes or anything, who are given an actual backstory and everything, apart from the resistance, but even then it's not hard to imprint yourself onto them because the only backstory they have is that they're children.
    edited June 2017
    Also,I would note that I would find it super cool if our characters had dialogue, but there were multiple dialogue choices like games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls where we can choose from the few dialogue options. Though I think that would be harder to add than omitting them altogether and just having a silent protagonist, but I don't know. What do you guys think?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Also,I would note that I would find it super cool if our characters had dialogue, but there were multiple dialogue choices like games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls where we can choose from the few dialogue options. Though I think that would be harder to add than omitting them altogether and just having a silent protagonist, but I don't know. What do you guys think?
    hmm... seems hard but it's worth it.

Jesus1254789
    edited June 2017
    What are the odds of Nexon listening and following through when it comes to suggestions?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    What are the odds of Nexon listening and following through when it comes to suggestions?
    lol I'd say zero they never listen to player suggestion.

SlicedTime