[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Have people stopped caring?

AlbinorockAlbinorock
Reactions: 2,095
Posts: 211
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
Botters.
If this gets removed then sorry for wasting your time but,
i believe people have stopped caring about this game. they level on their own or gain mesos the normal way.
I feel like people just bot because levels are really a thing anymore. They also bot because it's easy money and it is very easy to bot in this game. Yeah reporting them "helps" but..i ran into a botter who just spammed a cooldown move non-stop. I reported him and he just said "lol" and kept going. Before they would auto-CC but now..they just don't care since they can make a new account, bot to 200.
It's sad really. People see that botters can bot so easily without a ban so they do it themselves. And that starts a chain of botters,...
I'm just upset at this.

Comments

  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    Botters.
    If this gets removed then sorry for wasting your time but,
    i believe people have stopped caring about this game level on their own or gain mesos the normal way.
    I feel like people just bot because levels are really a thing anymore. They also bot because it's easy money and it is very easy to bot in this game. Yeah reporting them "helps" but..i ran into a botter who just spammed a cooldown move non-stop. I reported him and he just said "lol" and kept going. Before they would auto-CC but now..they just don't care since they can make a new account, bot to 200.
    It's sad really. People see that botters can bot so easily without a ban so they do it themselves. And that starts a chain of botters,...
    I'm just upset at this.
    it's just that...
    The forums is not allowed naming and shaming that's why u can't list the name in the forums because u know it's the forum rules I know it's sad and hopeless, also if a botter or hackers *lols* at you one day just one day... I hope nexon kr will look into this and cares about the game and it's players cause u know nexon kr made maplestory in the first place.

    Albinorock
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    Posts: 376
    Member
    edited June 2017
    that skill with cooldown you talk about is jett? if so its not hack ^^ thats new jett..

    and yea, way too many blaze wizard bots.. i love to train in Twilight Perion from level 180 to 200, but it's not possible.. this place just full with bots and they don't even bother to change channel when someone comes, cus they don't scare anymore.. you know why they don't...

    I tried to report about the Twilight Perion botting problem, i did it through in-game reporting, Ticket to support and Live chat.. more than once.. nothing helps.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited June 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I've been ksed by a Blaster hacker when I was training my Mechanic. He kept using full map attack hack and didn't care if I was there before him. He's still not banned yet, he's still on rankings, he's level 216 now. nexon is the one that doesn't care.
    nexon america doesnt care sure but nexon kr cares and to put it simply let's just say nexon america instead of nexon this way it makes it simpler.

    DeeMon
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »
    that skill with cooldown you talk about is jett? if so its not hack ^^ thats new jett..

    and yea, way too many blaze wizard bots.. i love to train in Twilight Perion from level 180 to 200, but it's not possible.. this place just full with bots and they don't even bother to change channel when someone comes, cus they don't scare anymore.. you know why they don't...

    I tried to report about the Twilight Perion botting problem, i did it through in-game reporting, Ticket to support and Live chat.. more than once.. nothing helps.
    yeah their not scared of us because nexon america dosent care in anything not to mention no naming and shaming rules...

  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,095
    Posts: 211
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »
    that skill with cooldown you talk about is jett? if so its not hack ^^ thats new jett..

    and yea, way too many blaze wizard bots.. i love to train in Twilight Perion from level 180 to 200, but it's not possible.. this place just full with bots and they don't even bother to change channel when someone comes, cus they don't scare anymore.. you know why they don't...

    I tried to report about the Twilight Perion botting problem, i did it through in-game reporting, Ticket to support and Live chat.. more than once.. nothing helps.

    I'm mostly talking about blasters. Blaze wizards are just idc bots.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    Posts: 49
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Bleh, botters have always been around, it sucks. But I have to admit I'm a little happy they switched to blaster instead of Kanna now, since she's my main. :D
    Lilyflower
  • ManiaclManiacl
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 16
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    If you report that on live chat they will get banned on the spot most of the time it's pretty funny actually
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Maniacl wrote: »
    If you report that on live chat they will get banned on the spot most of the time it's pretty funny actually
    like posting a video on the live chat yeah... I doubt it everybody does that but they don't get banned all the time.

  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Still loads of people who care. More than you think, but most aren't satisfied with what Nexon is doing to combat them.

    While they obviously ban them the time it takes is far too long and the punishment is far too lenient. Sometimes they don't get them and they end up hitting 250 at which point they're pretty much untouchable unless they do something again. There's so many issues such as hackers/botters not getting a perm ban on the spot. Makes no sense as to why they shouldn't. Nexon used to perma ban hackers/botters but suddenly they believe they will come clean after their ban? Hackers and botters shouldn't get off this easy and it's one of the reasons why so many do it and continue to do it. Anouther issue is they keep everything they've gained after their ban period is over which is absurd. "Oh what's that? You botted to 250 and earned billions of meso? NP bro, you'll still have it all when you're unbanned."

    I know there will probably be issues if they try to de-level players but there needs to be some additional form of punishment to deter rather than just having a time based punishment. Thankfully our previous CM was able to get the removal of ranks on a ban back in but that still doesn't stop the billions of meso these hackers earn especially if they're doing it on mule accounts. Which brings me to yet anouther issue. Seems to be incredibly hard to get GMs to investigate shops and link them to the multiple botter/hackers that are passing off goods. There's so many shops in the free market that I've seen in business for years now.

    The question I often hear from these hackers and botters is "Well it doesn't affect you so why do you care?".

    First, this is such a stupid question. Hacking/botting affects everyone in this game. Those 20-30mill nodestones?, those 15m slates? Yeah, they're that cheap only because of hacking/botting. You might think that's a good thing but it really isn't when it means the profits you make are also going to be far far lower. Next you have the issue with them taking maps (often fairly popular ones these days) which results in 1 less map to train on as well as a reduced burning field on that map when they finally decide to change channel to hack on anouther map. This is just the botting side of it too. Haven't even gone into the people who dupe and end up screwing people over because the duped items end up disappearing when Nexon finally decides to clean up. The list goes on.

    TLDR:

    Whole situation is a mess. People do care but many are not satisfied with the actions taken by Nexon to combat and deter. Also the fact that they are too lenient towards them.
    LilyflowerJushiroNet
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    Still loads of people who care. More than you think, but most aren't satisfied with what Nexon is doing to combat them.

    While they obviously ban them the time it takes is far too long and the punishment is far too lenient. Sometimes they don't get them and they end up hitting 250 at which point they're pretty much untouchable unless they do something again. There's so many issues such as hackers/botters not getting a perm ban on the spot. Makes no sense as to why they shouldn't. Nexon used to perma ban hackers/botters but suddenly they believe they will come clean after their ban? Hackers and botters shouldn't get off this easy and it's one of the reasons why so many do it and continue to do it. Anouther issue is they keep everything they've gained after their ban period is over which is absurd. "Oh what's that? You botted to 250 and earned billions of meso? NP bro, you'll still have it all when you're unbanned."

    I know there will probably be issues if they try to de-level players but there needs to be some additional form of punishment to deter rather than just having a time based punishment. Thankfully our previous CM was able to get the removal of ranks on a ban back in but that still doesn't stop the billions of meso these hackers earn especially if they're doing it on mule accounts. Which brings me to yet anouther issue. Seems to be incredibly hard to get GMs to investigate shops and link them to the multiple botter/hackers that are passing off goods. There's so many shops in the free market that I've seen in business for years now.

    The question I often hear from these hackers and botters is "Well it doesn't affect you so why do you care?".

    First, this is such a stupid question. Hacking/botting affects everyone in this game. Those 20-30mill nodestones?, those 15m slates? Yeah, they're that cheap only because of hacking/botting. You might think that's a good thing but it really isn't when it means the profits you make are also going to be far far lower. Next you have the issue with them taking maps (often fairly popular ones these days) which results in 1 less map to train on as well as a reduced burning field on that map when they finally decide to change channel to hack on anouther map. This is just the botting side of it too. Haven't even gone into the people who dupe and end up screwing people over because the duped items end up disappearing when Nexon finally decides to clean up. The list goes on.

    TLDR:

    Whole situation is a mess. People do care but many are not satisfied with the actions taken by Nexon to combat and deter. Also the fact that they are too lenient towards them.
    +10 for this the op above me says go to live chat and they will ban them -.-" What's the point from going to live chat if nexon america doesnt care about this whole mess and also live chat is an automated bot! And not a real person and now hackers and botters are laughing at us gg Nexon america gg.
  • ManiaclManiacl
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 16
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Maniacl wrote: »
    If you report that on live chat they will get banned on the spot most of the time it's pretty funny actually
    like posting a video on the live chat yeah... I doubt it everybody does that but they don't get banned all the time.

    Yes they do I have watched it happen so many times they are just botting their then poof insta ban
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited June 2017
    Maniacl wrote: »
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Maniacl wrote: »
    If you report that on live chat they will get banned on the spot most of the time it's pretty funny actually
    like posting a video on the live chat yeah... I doubt it everybody does that but they don't get banned all the time.

    Yes they do I have watched it happen so many times they are just botting their then poof insta ban
    it's happens to you but for others it doesn't happen!
    Example:a botter or hacker gets banned permantly then suddenly they got unbanned thanks to nexon america.