[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do nodestones drop more now?

Froglord1Froglord1
Reactions: 830
edited June 2017 in General Chat
It feels like they're rarer than getting cubes from normal bosses, and buying them from someone who's stuck a blaze wizard bot on 20 different channels should not be an option.

Comments

• MasumuneZMasumuneZ
    Reactions: 540
    edited June 2017
    I believe they are the same drop rate at the moment. Although in a further patch I also believe the drop rate is going to be nerfed considerably
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    I believe in the next extension +- july? they may increase the drop rate of nodes if we go buy the KMS notes.
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    I am somewhat confident that the drop rate was increased based on my rates. I am, however, killing slightly faster with this patch because of my Override skill which might be confounding this result. Also I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the nodestone drop increase was only for Reboot in the KMS patch notes. I need some clarification on this, though. Anyway, considering you mentioned "buying" and "nodestones," I would presume that you are not referring to Reboot, so if it turns out that the drop-rate increase was only for Reboot, this would explain why you are noticing no difference.

I personally play in Reboot with full drop-gear + kishin and I've noticed my drop-rates going up by about a raw 33% (after 12 hours combined of the past 2x weekend) in comparison to several previous 2x weekends pre-Override, so I'm willing to say that the node drop-rate has increased by about 10-20%. I have to emphasize that my mob killing-rate only went up slightly, so I'm fairly sure there was an increase of some sorts, but I could be wrong.

Also the nerf that a previous poster mentioned is pertinent to the drop-rate formula of items in general (not specific to nodestones). The drop-rate of nodestones will actually be buffed with that same patch, but if we are to receive that update, there will be a net decrease in nodestones not because of the drop-rate of nodestones but because of the re-coding of the drop-rate formula and how it works with drop-gear, just to clarify. If we can convince Nexon that it would be a huge detriment to our community, perhaps we won't get the drop-rate formula changes (but still get the nodestone drop-rate buff :) ).
    MasumuneZ
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited June 2017
    I can confirm that the droprate has NOT been adjusted, and if it did, it's not worth mentioning it.
    I've farmed them twice for 3 hours in the same map and using the same skills as before this update and I ended up with pretty much the same amount of nodestones every time.