[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Need changes for Player Ranking

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So far, so many players have been able to reach level 250. More than hundred of players have been able to reach it on each server. So Player ranking nowadays doesn't really shows a rank of players. But with the new Legion System from override update, I suggest to change the Level ranking into Legion Ranking. This Players Legion ranking can be separated into several category such as Total Level and Legion Power. In this way, at least the ranking will show a bit of variation. not merely showing level 250, level 250, level 250 and level 250 again. At least not as boring as now. Some players will be able to start bragging when their Total Level have reached level 7500 :))

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    reboot should be entirely separate like ems. It's very far removed from the exp rates of normal servers.
    DiscordOfColorsHHG1Peep
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited June 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    reboot should be entirely separate like ems. It's very far removed from the exp rates of normal servers.

i don't understand why luna is even separated in the first place. just causing unnecessary problems with ranking, just make it so you can select luna like you do with other worlds. (you can't search names in europe and it will redirect you to NA every time, that's one problem can't think of more rn)

i agree on being able to separately tell legion power from legion level i've seen 5k levels with more power than 6k and vice versa
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    i don't understand why luna is even separated in the first place.

Isn't it that IGNs are completely separate in Europe? You'd have problems with someone in GMS having the same name if they were combined.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    i don't understand why luna is even separated in the first place. just causing unnecessary problems with ranking, just make it so you can select luna like you do with other worlds. (you can't search names in europe and it will redirect you to NA every time, that's one problem can't think of more rn)

i agree on being able to separately tell legion power from legion level i've seen 5k levels with more power than 6k and vice versa

???

You can search names on the European rankings. Make sure you're clicking the magnifying glass button and not hitting the "enter" key.
    Character "Maze" searched on NA rankings
    Character "Maze" searched on EU rankings

Character names in Luna are separate from character names in NA servers, meaning you can have characters with the same name in different regions. This is problematic for searching and generally problematic for rankings as a whole. Since you can't just force a name change on the hundreds of Luna players with identical names, Luna ranks are separate from NA ranks.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    They should consider doing the same thing with reboot neospector.

Three buttons on the launch screen: NA, EU, Reboot.

Frees up names, separates the ranks. Reboot is not even the same game so it might be an ok idea.