[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A Whopping 25 gigabytes

KingDragonKingDragon
Reactions: 2,005
edited June 2017 in Tech Support
H0dcHEj.png

DTSVbBD.png
I have 2 folders of the game one in the Undefined > Appdata and one in the regular maplestory folder
each taking up 9g each

next
7iXyTfr.png
each time there is an update i press the update button and have to redownload 9g more (i believe it overwrites the appdata folder)

can someone explain this?
id like to atleast be able to play again ... this month

the settings in the launcher does not detect the files in the maplestory folder when i press open game location
does that mean i can delete that folder?

or should i just start from sratch deleting everything?

Comments

• EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Had that problem before and fixed it by swapping files in Nexon/Library/unidentified/appdata and the files in Nexon/Maplestory.

What's going on (I think) is that the Launcher is trying to update the files in one of those directories, but it's too old or something so it's trying to redownload the entire game.

After you swap it you can delete one of the directories that isn't being used.