[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

what to do if messo has no more value?

zSethzSeth
Reactions: 800
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in General Chat
jo guys. there are propably already enough posts about botter, messo seller and hacker destroying the market off the game. but im going to say what i want to say anyways. so here i go :
_____________________________________________all this below is in Luna server___________________________________________________
so far (as a top player), i didnt really care THAT much about the fact that so many people buying messos. or that hacker are selling unlimited perfect cubed % stat/droprate items to redicilous prices while i had to bleed to make equaly good items on my own. obviously it annoys and bothers me quite a bit but .... since alymost everyone was buying messos like hell i could also sell some of my stuff for crazy amount of money since everyone has basicly unlimmited messo now. instead of selling a item for 1b (which was its price like 1 year ago) i just sell it now for 10b. so for me, the marked is ALMOST the same as before. just bigger numbers.
BUT that was up to now. however over the last months the prices skyrocketed and messo became ridiculous worthless. you need litterly a full acount with 40 characters in it each with 10b messos to affort 1 or 2 "end game" items.

but the real reason why im now posing this here is actually becaue i wanted to buy a really good item from someone last week. and when i asked for his auto selling price. he said
"that price not in messo" .... ...he is not even selling for the offical game currency. and i refuse to buy something with real money. not because its against the game terms but because it doesnt feel right to me. i may throw A LOOOOT of money at this game and i could get things 200 times cheaper if i would just use that money to pay directly for a item. but im not gonna do that. thats just so stupit. so as a conclusion : as a legit player im not capeable of buying the same stuff as other not as legit player can. ....
(by the way he wanted me to add him in discord or skype which is the stupiest thing you can possible do: adding a randrom suspicious person. you get hacked in no time)

i wonder why nexon is not doing anything against that? when theres a cs bug, it usually gets fixed within a day, because nexon as acompany is loosing mony as long as the cs is not working. and yet even tho they loose tons of money doe to messo seller, botter and hacker they dont seem to do much about it.
in Europe Maplestory we didnt had that propblem. we may had a few botter and hacker but they didnt life long. and we had some people that where duping items in some kind of duping waves every few months. but they where unable to sell, advertise and promote this items and services as it is now in gms. oug GMS where almost baging for someone to say something stupit on a smega to bann him :P .
can someone explain why that is? does gms have some kind off different term of use for the game than ems? some wonky ones that can be abused?

anyways thats all i wanted to say and ask.

here are some funny pictures :D

f9c6a3-1498750010.png

38d3d0-1498750184.png

8f6a86-1498750236.png

2d75a0-1498750265.png

how are they getting away with this? anyone explain plz.
also as far as i heared its even worse in NA servers than in Luna, how do you guys deal with it?

Comments

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Just shows how broken this game is, aside from mesos and the market prices you even have trouble doing quests (bots in every channel of a certain map)

Its sad really
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2018
    zSeth wrote: »
    but the real reason why im now posing this here is actually becaue i wanted to buy a really good item from someone last week. and when i asked for his auto selling price. he said
    "that price not in messo" .... ...he is not even selling for the offical game currency. and i refuse to buy something with real money. not because its against the game terms but because it doesnt feel right to me. i may throw A LOOOOT of money at this game and i could get things 200 times cheaper if i would just use that money to pay directly for a item. but im not gonna do that. thats just so stupit. so as a conclusion : as a legit player im not capeable of buying the same stuff as other not as legit player can. ....
    (by the way he wanted me to add him in discord or skype which is the stupiest thing you can possible do: adding a randrom suspicious person. you get hacked in no time)

Not because it is against the Terms of Service, but for moral reasons. People like you are really one of the rare true legitimate players of the game who follow rule line by line.

Skype is also a pretty bad third-party messenger due to all the possible exploits which can get a user hacked and all sorts of bundles of horror that can really screw over a person.

I honestly believe this web has yet to be crushed due to the lack of enforcement on this issue. It is a total loss to Nexon because they're not profiting from anything when a player sells to another player with real dollars, which many players have said in the past. Both these types of trades and hacking aren't undetectable either. There are many cues that can be seen in-game that can hint such a possibility which can put involving account(s) in jeopardy such as a permanent ban.

Some people have the argument to throw out "oh if these people didn't exist the community will suffer". Not true at all. If these people were being punished, legitimate players will have the mesos value being higher and it'll be more easy to buy items in general. Some other items that might be hard to get that has a stock pile inflated by hackers can always have their rates adjusted accordingly so the economy can continue and thrive without cheaters influencing it.

I still think it is important that we report all suspicious activity towards Nexon through the appropriate channels. But I also believe that Nexon needs to improve their methods in terms of detection (not necessarily auto-ban but a auto-flag system) where it can detect players committing acts against the Terms of Service even before anyone reports them due to that action.
    scholar624InvulgoDividedFlow
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2017
    Nexon isn't losing money due to the bots and meso sellers. Have you looked at the price of 20 super megas, now think of that as daily income for Nexon. Hopefully the meso market they set up will dry up the mesobots soon.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Pay no attention to those problems over there...

...we have DMT/marvel/philos over here.

Spend spend spend!
    DaisukeHarutoLilyflower
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    the problem is when they bann someone they can just create another account within a few mins.
    they need to inforce ip banns more harshly without a 2nd or 3rd chance. (if someone botts there is no excuss they know full well of their action)
    maybe add a ip tracker to check that you wont change ip adress so quickly (so people dont attempt to bypass their bann)

funny is that some people think we should thank them for botting since they supply the whole server with ccs and other items.
    but the true is they just make the game impossible for us, prices are going higher and higher.
    a casual player cant even dream to farm their amount, which they gain on multiple account.

and by raising all prices they encourage you to buy more of their mesos....
    its like a endless spiral which we cant escape from unless we stop it from the root.

also i would suggest fusing more worlds into 1 there is no point of many mutilpe almost empty worlds.
    that just gives hacker more space for possible botting maps and the employes have more space to cover
    (i remember they once said they are understaffed)

i remember luna was to free of botters because our gms were able to focus on 2 worlds
    they were enough people to check on everyone

also a litte apply to everyone if nexon cant help us we as a comunity can help ourself:
    -stop buying from meso pages and dont accept any meso that was brought that way.
    -if you see someone with hundredts of ccs and other elite boss items dont buy it from them
    -and most importand do not buy any kind of items or accounts with real money
    (you can lose everything by doing this and you support their infamous market)
  • KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Maple has too many mesos being generated than leaving the game. The contributing botting does not help either. The almost non-existent enforcement of illegal game transactions encourage it. Once again we are at the point where max mesos cannot be used to buy end game items as usual.

I am not optimistic in the problem being solved in the foreseeable future.