[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions about Union

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
I heard there's benefits to starforcing your union characters, what is it?

Also heard about legion ranks, how do you rank up and what are the benefits?

So far I only did the puzzle thing and did the legion boss once

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Starforcing your characters increases their damage in legion. Their "damage" is the passive damage they deal over time to the boss in legion.
    This is the main way you generate legion coins.
    Legion ranks allow you to place more attackers on your grid, and gain more stats/benefits. You'll need the required total level and legion coins to unlock it. Simply talk to the legion NPC in most towns to raise rank.
    Every time the boss dies a new one will spawn and you can attack it to remove the yellow portion of it's health bar. This will help you generate a few extra coins per day.
    Unforgivennn
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Starforcing your characters increases their damage in legion. Their "damage" is the passive damage they deal over time to the boss in legion.
    This is the main way you generate legion coins.
    Legion ranks allow you to place more attackers on your grid, and gain more stats/benefits. You'll need the required total level and legion coins to unlock it. Simply talk to the legion NPC in most towns to raise rank.
    Every time the boss dies a new one will spawn and you can attack it to remove the yellow portion of it's health bar. This will help you generate a few extra coins per day.

Ok I got it now, I may not starforce because I'm not focusing on coins but the legion rank comes first because more characters means more stats. Ty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I also hears that ideal union characters are 140, why is that??
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017

Once characters hit level 140, they get to "S rank" which increases the size of the grid pieces each character has. It's like the character card ranks, but with different numbers. The levels go something like:

60-B
    100-A
    140-S
    200-SS
    250-SSS
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

Once characters hit level 140, they get to "S rank" which increases the size of the grid pieces each character has. It's like the character card ranks, but with different numbers. The levels go something like:

60-B
    100-A
    140-S
    200-SS
    250-SSS

Ok I see, so 140 is the new S rank (before it was 100) Ty!