[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This monster collection event is impossible

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
First we gotta do pqs all the way for a CHANCE of the event mob to spawn, and then it MIGHT register on kill. Can some mods tell the programmers to make the pq mobs register 100% of the time? otherwise this event is a bit too unfair - just not skill-wise but RNG-wise

Comments

• Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited July 2017
    all the mobs needs to be released back into the game because the early Crusader thing i remember alot more portals u had to do go into to deal with. when Jett first came around.. it was back in 2012/2011 if i remember right... but those mobs u cant even go after anymore and the monster book u need their cards.. i want to collect all the mobs cards. but when they are revamping areas like omega sector.. where is the boss that was there? honestly... whats the point of revamping and changing areas if u can keep all the mobs that were there... sighs..
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The event is actually pretty good except for the PQs.

- make PQ mobs only take a set amount of damage so the whole party can tag it
    - improve either the rate of PQ mobs appearing or the rate of collection (or both)
    - also allow the admin balloon to spawn every hour for the whole day. We're GLOBAL maplestory not UTC maplestory
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Party quest mobs do only take a set amount of damage. You deal 1000 damage with each hit. As long as you don't have a party member spamming large-scale attacks with upwards of 7 lines, all of your party members should be able to tag the monster.
    all the mobs needs to be released back into the game because the early Crusader thing i remember alot more portals u had to do go into to deal with. when Jett first came around.. it was back in 2012/2011 if i remember right... but those mobs u cant even go after anymore and the monster book u need their cards.. i want to collect all the mobs cards. but when they are revamping areas like omega sector.. where is the boss that was there? honestly... whats the point of revamping and changing areas if u can keep all the mobs that were there... sighs..

The Monster Collection is not related to the Crusader Codex; they are two separate systems. This discussion is about the event involving the Monster Collection.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    While the event is not impossible (there are people who already finished it, in a week, and we have nearly two months to do it in), it's certainly not fun to do the same PQ dozens of times and not have the event mob register or even spawn.

Also, I don't understand why the Admin Balloon only spawns 12 hours out of the day, and only in two channels in three towns. At the very least, it should spawn around the clocks, so players in all regions would have an equal opportunity to get at it. Make it only spawn every other hour if 24 times a day is somehow viewed as "too easy".

As with all of Nexon's RNG events, I believe this event should have a diligence backstop: A guaranteed spawn after doing a given PQ a certain number of times, and a guaranteed register after killing the event mob a certain number of times.
    DiscordOfColorsJettLuvsU
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited July 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Party quest mobs do only take a set amount of damage. You deal 1000 damage with each hit. As long as you don't have a party member spamming large-scale attacks with upwards of 7 lines, all of your party members should be able to tag the monster.

its showing you didn't really do the pqs. they're not capped like field monsters
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    its showing you didn't really do the pqs. they're not capped like field monsters

If the party quest mobs are behaving differently from every other mob in the event including the Monster Park mobs, I'd label that as a bug personally.
    But otherwise as far as I've seen every mob in the event is capped to 1000 damage per line. Admin balloon, Monster Park mesos, field mobs, and Elite summons have so far been capped. I've been trying to summon PQ mobs, but haven't any luck lately.