[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Damage Skin Crit/Non-Crit displaying incorrectly.

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Visual

Brief bug summary: Certain Damage Skins are not properly aligning critical damage lines with non-critical damage lines.

Steps to reproduce:
Attack a mob wearing using the Damage Skins listed below and observe critical damage lines with non-critical damage lines not aligning properly.

Affected Damage Skins:
- Explosion Damage Skin
- Calligraphy Damage Skin
- Black Heaven Damage Skin
- Snow Monster Damage Skin
- Scribble Crush Damage Skin
- Krakian Damage Skin

Date and time of the incident: January 26th, 2017

Other details have been omitted since it's not required to reproduce this bug.

---
Here is a cropped screenshot of the bug being reported:
7lK0RZH.png
This screenshot can be reproduced using the skill Phantom Blow, once while having Critical Rate not at 100%.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2017
    It seems that more than one damage skin is affected. Updated post in accordance to what I've found.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Are you sure the provided screenshot showcases the issue? The critical damage icons seem correctly aligned there. However, I do know of some damage skins that definitely have misalignment. If I could have an updated, comprehensive list of damage skins to look into, it would help immensely. As you know this does not affect all damage skins, so it's possible individual damage skins will need to be updated/fixed.

Gifts of the Ryuul Damage Skin can be added to that list.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Are you sure the provided screenshot showcases the issue? The critical damage icons seem correctly aligned there. However, I do know of some damage skins that definitely have misalignment. If I could have an updated, comprehensive list of damage skins to look into, it would help immensely. As you know this does not affect all damage skins, so it's possible individual damage skins will need to be updated/fixed.

Gifts of the Ryuul Damage Skin can be added to that list.

The problem demonstrated here is not the crit marker position, but rather the crit lines being much higher above the target than non-crit lines.

I know there are several skins with the issue of crit marker being displayed far away from the first digit of the number, but I haven't been able to find a thread with a list.
    Its2Sharp4U