[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[POLL] Best Bosser

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Nexon did a poll on this at least a year ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/3epsv4/poll_best_classes_in_multiple_categories/
and I reckon we should hear the new results. If anyone would kindly enough to post the other categories, thanks! This is just the best bossing class category. Obviously, our answers are subjective based on your experiences and there will be disagreements between.
Let's see how much the results changed. I expect a huge difference LOL.
Fact: I haven't played every class.
Fire Away!
Note: If I miss any class, it doesn't mean I hate them. But by all means, let me know (I may or may not receive a notification immediately). I don't think I missed any but let me know.
  1. Best bosser?79 votes
    1. Battle Mage
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Beast Tamer
       1% (1 vote)
    3. Blaze Wizard
       3% (2 votes)
    4. Evan
       1% (1 vote)
    5. Kanna
       5% (4 votes)
    6. Luminous
       3% (2 votes)
    7. Fire/Poison
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Ice/Lightning
       1% (1 vote)
    9. Bishop
       0% (0 votes)
    10. Kinesis
       6% (5 votes)
    11. Dual Blade
       3% (2 votes)
    12. Night Walker
       4% (3 votes)
    13. Phantom
       3% (2 votes)
    14. Night Lord
       8% (6 votes)
    15. Shadower
       1% (1 vote)
    16. Xenon
       0% (0 votes)
    17. Aran
       0% (0 votes)
    18. Dawn Warrior
       0% (0 votes)
    19. Demon Avenger
       6% (5 votes)
    20. Demon Slayer
       5% (4 votes)
    21. Hayato
       3% (2 votes)
    22. Kaiser
       1% (1 vote)
    23. Mihile
       0% (0 votes)
    24. Dark Knight
       6% (5 votes)
    25. Paladin
       3% (2 votes)
    26. Hero
       3% (2 votes)
    27. Zero
       3% (2 votes)
    28. Blaster
       6% (5 votes)
    29. Marksman
       1% (1 vote)
    30. Bowmaster
       1% (1 vote)
    31. Wild Hunter
       5% (4 votes)
    32. Wind Archer
       5% (4 votes)
    33. Mercedes
       1% (1 vote)
    34. Angelic Buster
       1% (1 vote)
    35. Cannoneer
       0% (0 votes)
    36. Jett
       1% (1 vote)
    37. Mechanic
       0% (0 votes)
    38. Buccaneer
       1% (1 vote)
    39. Corsair
       1% (1 vote)
    40. Shade
       6% (5 votes)
    41. Thunder Breaker
       1% (1 vote)

Comments

• xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    edited July 2017
    Ima bump this..
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I usually kill them with one Battoujutsu Zankou, dood.

you always gotta throw in the "dood" huh? just curious about that
    edited July 2017
    bumped again
    edited July 2017
    boop
    edited July 2017
    night lords are winning. i dont blame em. i'm a demon avenger person. bumping it again one last time.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Ew, night lord
    Bandwagon's showing despite the incoming nerfs
    edited July 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Ew, night lord
    Bandwagon's showing despite the incoming nerfs

It's no longer a bandwagon once the consistency of play has lasted over 10 years. Besides, it's only 6 votes. Not a big sample size to determine it to be bandwagon players.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Ehh why do people choose nightlord.
    Blaster is way better off since they can double their dps with a combo.
    edited July 2017
    i was playing a blaster when it came out but until 4th job, it was pretty slow to train. i wasnt impressed so i got rid of it. back when that wasnt allowed for burning. it does have pdr% legion stat but i have 90% pdr already. night lords is what most people like since the beginning, however i personally think avengers should win because for night lords, you have to spend alot while avengers dont need much cuz you know how much hp u need. idk if its possible to go beyond 500k but visual cap wise it's 500k. HP% is an uncommon stat cuz avengers rely on them. again my choice is subjective. also, its about feeling your attacks being thrown at them. i used to be a demon slayer back in bera but after playing avengers in khroa for a year, thats my go-to class. like as soon my avenger kills hellux for the first time, i knew avengers are for me. not slayer cuz when you're fighting hellux, you gotta worry about the mobs too. from my slayer experiences against hellux, you may have chaos lock to counter mobs but you gotta climb your back up which will take more time out of you. for avengers, you have bat swarms and nether shield to back you up so u wouldnt have to move as much. it's possible that you can get away with it without using demon frenzy but you need to make sure that you kill the 3rd stage faster than 2nd stage which means you needa up the damage. By all means, feel free to bump it!
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited July 2017
    i was playing a blaster when it came out but until 4th job, it was pretty slow to train. i wasnt impressed so i got rid of it. back when that wasnt allowed for burning. it does have pdr% legion stat but i have 90% pdr already. night lords is what most people like since the beginning, however i personally think avengers should win because for night lords, you have to spend alot while avengers dont need much cuz you know how much hp u need. idk if its possible to go beyond 500k but visual cap wise it's 500k. HP% is an uncommon stat cuz avengers rely on them. again my choice is subjective. also, its about feeling your attacks being thrown at them. i used to be a demon slayer back in bera but after playing avengers in khroa for a year, thats my go-to class. like as soon my avenger kills hellux for the first time, i knew avengers are for me. not slayer cuz when you're fighting hellux, you gotta worry about the mobs too. from my slayer experiences against hellux, you may have chaos lock to counter mobs but you gotta climb your back up which will take more time out of you. for avengers, you have bat swarms and nether shield to back you up so u wouldnt have to move as much. it's possible that you can get away with it without using demon frenzy but you need to make sure that you kill the 3rd stage faster than 2nd stage which means you needa up the damage. By all means, feel free to bump it!

Blasters are among the highest possible dps. I would say it's a safe bet they're in the top 3 along with DA and MM. Everyone is jumping on the NightLord train because on reboot they're convenient over the increase drop and still have decent dps. Top tier max capped dmg wise though they're much lower then a lot of other classes. I would say go blaster if you want a melee or a marksman if you want a ranged. Both have always held respectable dps since their releases; can't say the same about Nls. they were nerfed to the ground hard two or three times along with quite a few other classes.
    edited July 2017
    Gio1373 wrote: »

Blasters are among the highest possible dps. I would say it's a safe bet they're in the top 3 along with DA and MM. Everyone is jumping on the NightLord train because on reboot they're convenient over the increase drop and still have decent dps. Top tier max capped dmg wise though they're much lower then a lot of other classes. I would say go blaster if you want a melee or a marksman if you want a ranged. Both have always held respectable dps since their releases; can't say the same about Nls. they were nerfed to the ground hard two or three times along with quite a few other classes.

Once a class has seen popularity over a span of a decade, it's no longer a bandwagon or a hypetrain. It's just a popular class.

a bandwagon would be if a sudden spike of play is seen in an under average or average played class because a new aspect or a buff comes to them. Night Lord may not top in dps anymore but its popularity was since the inception of maplestory. Before 4th job was a thing.

and keep in mind the dps charts are formulated using a straw dummy from mulung shop. Not the actual bosses. So those charts are perfect case scenarios. you match up a nl to any of the classes that need micro managing to be at 100% dps/dpm potential, with an actual boss it would be difficult to do. Nl is simple mechanics and dmg output.
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited July 2017
    Actually, it still can be. It was popular pre big bang. Post big bang they received several nerfs and buffs over the years and they have always had an unstable populations until now. Not saying that people got rid of them but they chose other mains. The processes of jumping on and off a character is the majority of the bandwagon effect. So yeah they're still a Bandwagon. Esp since now buccs got good and I see alot more buccs now then I saw night lords. It's not just contained to NightLords in specific. But like you said, their ease of use works against them in terms of an actual class when another class gets an edge since most people will just say hey I can come back to this at any time without losing any skill i might have needed to play him correctly. Same can't be said for micromanaging classes. You'll end up dying alot until you get those tendencies/skills back up to snuff.