[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lag Spikes & Keyboard Freezing causing deaths

EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
Reactions: 815
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
No other game bottlenecks as hard as Maplestory. The problem is not my PC.

My guess is that the overload of hackers/botters on every single channel/world/map is causing an overload of traffic. Should probably be dealt with...

I have lost over 2 hours of exp trying to farm these stupid solvents for the quest in arcane force areas where any lack of movement means I die. So 5-10 seconds of not knowing what will happen causes my death 9/10 times. Combine that with my keyboard freezing ONLY with Maplestory means that I probably shouldn't even be playing this game because it's literally broken & unplayable beyond a certain point. I even bought a pet with auto hp/mp and the lag overrides what the pet should be doing which is healing me during the time frame that I'm frozen, but instead, the pet's functions are frozen too and it doesn't heal me. Freaking hilarious.

These issues need to be addressed.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited August 2017
    Combine that with my keyboard freezing ONLY with Maplestory means that I probably shouldn't even be playing this game because it's literally broken & unplayable beyond a certain point.

Well I figured out this from awhile ago but MapleStory HATES some USB devices. I had a keyboard that produced those results in the past which absolutely fustrated me which also only applied to MapleStory.

On the other hand lag in general stops a lot of functions which can get players killed. I have doubts it's the cause of botters or else we would've noticed problems on a regular basis instead of it being once in awhile.

I agree that all needs to be addressed. We have had these problems for years and this is one major reason why many people do not want to come back or join anything connected to the name Nexon.
    EfficientlyLazy
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    edited August 2017
    Combine that with my keyboard freezing ONLY with Maplestory means that I probably shouldn't even be playing this game because it's literally broken & unplayable beyond a certain point.

Well I figured out this from awhile ago but MapleStory HATES some USB devices. I had a keyboard that produced those results in the past which absolutely fustrated me which also only applied to MapleStory.

On the other hand lag in general stops a lot of functions which can get players killed. I have doubts it's the cause of botters or else we would've noticed problems on a regular basis instead of it being once in awhile.

I agree that all needs to be addressed. We have had these problems for years and this is one major reason why many people do not want to come back or join anything connected to the name Nexon.

I have no idea why.

This isn't just an issue with Maple either, I remember Vindictus having the same sort of issue. The only reason why it's still popular is because there's an uncanny-like similarity between equipment upgrading & gambling. It is unfortunate that Nexon has decided to reap in the cash while failing to have their games operating at a proper standard.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    edited August 2017
    I, along with any others affected by these issues should be compensated for the huge exp/time loss that has been wasted in not only training/questing/grinding beyond level 200, but also the amount of hours & money put into getting there. There should be absolutely no reason that anybody should be forced to buy safety charms, auto hp,mp, a pet with real money & still die because of the game's issues and current unstable state.

Any remotely difficult boss or arcane force areas goes like this: Oh you lag spiked for 5 seconds and now the boss or lantern erdas has killed you. You died. You wasted your entrance for the day. You wasted 10 hours of accumulating EXP because this game induces frequent random lag spikes & keyboard freezing which causes unavoidable deaths that aren't a natural part of the game's features. The monster/boss does not have an ability or skill that says "induce lagspike" or "freeze keyboard function until player unplugs/replugs". These are not spells, these are broken features of the game that need to be fixed. ASAP.

And we deserve equal & full, if not greater compensation for this ridiculous interference.