[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Game Files

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Will tampering with the game files in your Nexon folder get you banned?

Such as deleting the opening video or maybe even replacing the Quest.wiz file because of the crazy lag you get?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    Yeah...considering that some people can hack those files and exploit them...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Tampering with game files, such as wz editing, is a bannable offense.

Deleting the video is not as far as I'm aware, and deleting quest.wz should simply cause the launcher to redownload the quest.wz file.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited August 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Tampering with game files, such as wz editing, is a bannable offense.

Deleting the video is not as far as I'm aware, and deleting quest.wz should simply cause the launcher to redownload the quest.wz file.

i was sick of lag and i googled a way to make it less laggy and i was brought to a site with a solution then realized a little too late it was a hackers site.

i replaced the quest.wiz w/ another one from their site and it made it so much less laggy and my game ran smoothly and i was enjoying it then i told my friend and he said this is from a hacking site.. what should i do?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited August 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    i was sick of lag and i googled a way to make it less laggy and i was brought to a site with a solution then realized a little too late it was a hackers site.

i replaced the quest.wiz w/ another one from their site and it made it so much less laggy and my game ran smoothly and i was enjoying it then i told my friend and he said this is from a hacking site.. what should i do?

You should remove the hacked wz file and report the site to Nexon support. The whole "removing quests to make it less laggy" situation has already been forwarded to Nexon, but modifying your game files is liable to get you banned.
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2017

You should remove the hacked wz file and report the site to Nexon support. The whole "removing quests to make it less laggy" situation has already been forwarded to Nexon, but modifying your game files is liable to get you banned.

When can we expect this much needed quality of life change? The mod that Xenon92 put in place makes me more interested in this topic.
    If hackers can figure out how to change the quest log, why can't nexon do it?
    I really want to see smoother gameplay.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited August 2017
    Nick008 wrote: »
    When can we expect this much needed quality of life change? The mod that Xenon92 put in place makes me more interested in this topic.
    If hackers can figure out how to change the quest log, why can't nexon do it?
    I really want to see smoother gameplay.

Nexon is aware of the lag. The lag is most likely caused by how quest logic works when picking up items (hence, any solution would require a rewrite of that logic).
    What hackers do is remove the quests from the game entirely, which is about as much of a viable solution to loot lag as taking a flamethrower to your lawn so you don't waste as much water. Although it's a great deal easier to do code-wise than rewriting the quest logic, that isn't the kind of solution you're looking for, trust me. The fact that it's against the rules notwithstanding.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    You can even get banned if Nexon security picks up other games you have that have mods in them, or so ive heard about in one occasion