[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question About Exploiting.

MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
Reactions: 2,075
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Archive
Okay now the title was named weird i know. I had a HUGE concern. What if for example
A Merchant In Orbis was selling something valuable or something. Say that I
1.) Purchased Item At NPC In Orbis. To find out none of my mesos went to the NPC. So therefor i got the item for free or atleast cheap?
2.) Say This person who did find this out and didn't share to the community or Nexon. Used this to their advantage.
3.) So when the live version came out globablly and it wasn't a test anymore. They could exploit it or use to their own advantage.
What could we do about this?
I'm probably going to get an answer saying many people are reporting glitches, but Maplestory Is a HUGE place to find bugs within 2 weeks time.
Is it just me who thought about this or did anyone else think about this as well?
Like are GM's going to double check everything or is it basically up to us?

Comments

• BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It is up to us. Before Tespia's release, it was just GM's testing. With whatever amount of people that got accepted in PTS testing, chances are someone will report something like that and it'll get fixed before the update goes to the live servers.
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    BuckYou wrote: »
    It is up to us. Before Tespia's release, it was just GM's testing. With whatever amount of people that got accepted in PTS testing, chances are someone will report something like that and it'll get fixed before the update goes to the live servers.

Yeah but there are some place's people are literally not going to be at. I know a few. Say for instance Orbis Tower. 99 floors? Who is going to explore everyone. There is merchant's inside of it as well lol. I see what you'r saying but is there any prevention from this> I wouldn't want this released. Then it be exploited and a rollback or bans happen.
  • BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    BuckYou wrote: »

Yeah but there are some place's people are literally not going to be at. I know a few. Say for instance Orbis Tower. 99 floors? Who is going to explore everyone. There is merchant's inside of it as well lol. I see what you'r saying but is there any prevention from this> I wouldn't want this released. Then it be exploited and a rollback or bans happen.

Well think about it this way, how often does that happen for updates when we don't have a test server? Not very. Unless they are making a change to a content chances are there won't be any new exploits for that specific piece of content. So if they aren't changing anything with Orbis's 99th floor, and there isn't already an exploit, there probably won't be one once the patch goes live