[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Implement KMS skill sound effects to GMS

BlanoomanBlanooman
Reactions: 565
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
A lot of the GMS skill sounds do not match up to what they are in KMS. I think that they should match up because it effects a few classes. It especially affects the cannoneer as they basically have completely different skill sounds in KMS. Their GMS skill sounds kinda sound like garbage, but in KMS they sound so crisp and new. A few other examples of this is include the dual blade's katara booster, a few phantom skill, and probably many more. I would like to see Nexon implement these changes as they don't seem to be all that impossible. It can't really be all that hard to copy and paste sound effects from one game to another. I'd be very happy to see these changes happen. I've basically been waiting since R.E.D. I was honestly disappointed when I learned that the skill sounds didn't carry over like years ago when R.E.D. hit. Whatever the reason is for not carrying the sounds over, I hope Nexon can over come whatever it is that prevented this. Thanks for reading!
LilyflowerPhantomMasterThief
  1. Who is affected by this in some way whether it be a big deal or a small one?12 votes
    1. Me!
       75% (9 votes)
    2. Not me!
       25% (3 votes)

Comments

• VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I'd love to see (hear) some new sound effects implemented into the game for the classes I play! I'll refrain from the vote because I actually don't know if my main class was revamped at all though.
    Blanooman
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    i would like to see this happen in gms.
    Blanooman
  • BlanoomanBlanooman
    edited September 2016
    VerusAstrum

I'd love to see (hear) some new sound effects implemented into the game for the classes I play! I'll refrain from the vote because I actually don't know if my main class was revamped at all though.
    That's okay! I'd prefer if you did vote even if your main class would not be changed. If you think that if KMS skill sounds were implemented into the game that it would affect you, I'd like you to vote! Any amount of support for this would be fantastic. Thanks for the comment!
    Lilyflower

i would like to see this happen in gms.
    I agree! Thank you for the support!
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yes please , some of my skills sound a bit different, or higher pitched in kms,
    In short: I prefer the Kms SFX SUPPORTED!

Blanooman
  • BlanoomanBlanooman
    edited October 2016
    PhantomMasterThief

Yes please , some of my skills sound a bit different, or higher pitched in kms,
    In short: I prefer the Kms SFX SUPPORTED!

I can clearly see that we've been fighting for the same thing for some time now. I appreciate the support a ton. I've been wishing for this change for about 3 years or so now. I just really wish Nexon would make this change as it would definitely make a lot of people happy. Pls Nexon make it happen.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Marksman snipe sound is the same as pre-bb in GMS; same goes for HS for bishop, it sounds much cooler in KMS version.
    BlanoomanPhantomMasterThief
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited October 2016
    and no more English dubbed plz. Funny how they didnt dub Sengoku class but all Koreans.
    Blanooman
  • BlanoomanBlanooman
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Marksman snipe sound is the same as pre-bb in GMS; same goes for HS for bishop, it sounds much cooler in KMS version.
    Wow really? That's such a long time. Hopefully they will change it soon! Thanks for the support!
    LagTooMuch

and no more English dubbed plz. Funny how they didnt dub Sengoku class but all Koreans.
    The Korean voices aren't thaaaaat much better but I will agree that I would like to see them interchangeable. Thanks for the comment!
  • BlanoomanBlanooman
    edited October 2016
    Phantom, they finally did it!!!!!! I am legit so happy thank you so much nexon!
    LilyflowerPhantomMasterThief
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Blanooman
    Blanooman said:

Phantom, they finally did it!!!!!! I am legit so happy thank you so much nexon!
    congrats ur wish is come true!.

BlanoomanPhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Same THANK YOU SO MUCH NEXON!!!!!!! , I was honsetly Shocked that we even got it ! lol (In a good Way ) :D
    BlanoomanLilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Congratulations to you.

But why did this fix to Phantom sounds have to come at the expense of a painful sound-effect for my Hero's one-and-only mobbing skill?
  • SparkzSparkz
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited October 2016
    Dual Blade got updated sound fx for Katara Booster (like), Bloody Storm (eh it has a delayed sound), Phantom Blow (like).

I wish Nexon would change the sound fx for Phantom's 4th job Penombre skill. To me, it's comparable to fingernail scratching chalkboard so to say.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Sparkz
    Sparkz said:

Dual Blade got updated sound fx for Katara Booster (like), Bloody Storm (eh it has a delayed sound), Phantom Blow (like).

I wish Nexon would change the sound fx for Phantom's 4th job Penombre skill. To me, it's comparable to fingernail scratching chalkboard so to say.
    i ACTUALLY LOVE! all the new sfx for phantom, (The new Mille,Flash Jump,and Shroud Walk sounds Completely satisfying to me, the old mille,flash jump, and shroud walk sounded like they had a couple sfx lost in the process), Also kms had this sfx (For Phantoms), minus mille since day 1 (Mille used to sounds WAY slower in kms, and actually was slower lol) i checked a couple old Kms phantom videos and they have that kinda like a ting sound to their skills , i don't know how to describe it , I just Really love the new SFX for Phantoms, and including Penombre (Yes i like the new: "fingernail scratching chalkboard" XD , but to each their own i guess :)

So actually nexon do cares about their players , because i was only Expecting the QoL updates , the Kms SFX was a TOTAL SURPRISE to me , and what a nice surprise :D

+1 For you nexon america.

Opps forgot about the New higher pitched sounding tempest , which btw i also really love :D