[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Monster Collection]Wrong Reindeer entry collected

MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
Reactions: 1,055
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: System Functionality, Text Confusion

Brief bug summary:
Killing Reindeer (lv. 118) monsters in Lion King's Castle until the monster is collected instead gives collection credit for the Mu Lung Reindeer (lv. 128) monster. Their names being identical, it appears whatever matching criteria is used to handle monster collection cannot resolve the conflict properly.

More details:
I have taken several screenshots at approximately the time of collection to prove this error. Collection occurred on a server where I have collected very few monsters, with neither Reindeer collected yet. I hunted Lion King Castle Reindeer until I received a collection message. I missed the yellow pop-up text, but my chatlog shows recent collection as I kill the monsters.
4e8ALdW.jpg

Here we see that the monster I was killing has not been collected properly.
F8JVmwL.png

However, the incorrect monster of the same name has been collected:
gct2XCG.png

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start on a server where you have not collected either Reindeer monster.
2. Kill Reindeer monsters in the Lion King Castle area until you are notified of the monster being collected.
3. Open Monster Collection menu to the El Nath tab and look for the Reindeer monster. It will not be collected and will remain greyed out.
4. Switch to the Mu Lung tab and check that Reindeer. It will be collected despite never having touched this monster or even entering Mu Lung.

Character name:
ZodaZed/MikeZoda

Character level:
125/231

Character job:
Zero/Hero

World name:
Nova/Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
August 7, 2017, Approx. 1AM EST

Edit: Images fixed, should be visible and not made for ants

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    The best solution to fix this is to change the names of all Reindeer based on Lion King's Castle, rather than Mu Lung. Something like "Snow Reindeer" or "Snowy Reindeer" would be appropriate given the area.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    Update: As of v 188, the Mu Lung version of Reindeer (as well as its lookalikes) were renamed to Cute Reindeer, so we can collect the Lion King's Castle version now.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited August 2017
    Cheers! I'll do some LKC grinding later to collect and confirm. I assume collection should work fine even if we had the (Cute) Reindeer collected before, now that the same-name logic error is gone.