[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Harvesting Changes

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
So someone please clarify/correct somethings for me about the Harvesting System changes:

1. "The herb and vein in Ardentmill Harvesting Farm are created in random locations." So let's say I'm farming purple veins, does that mean that once I mine it, it'll just spawn somewhere else or does it mean a random vein will spawn in it's place? (English wise, it says the earlier, but I'm betting on later.)
2. "There is a chance for a directional key input mini-game to appear when attempting to harvest or mine. " What effect will the mini-game have? Like increase/decrease harvesting success rate?
3. (not completely harvesting) But why add the Ardentmill/teleport skills only restriction? (Is it mainly lag-prevention? Asking cause I like using Advance Holy Blessing to make myself feel better when I get alarm clocks and rose clippings. xd)

Comments

• ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited August 2017
    It "SHOULD" be: "The herbs and veins in Ardentmill Harvesting Farm will not longer only spawn the same types of herbs and veins in the same spot every time and will spawn a random herb/vein."

The mini-game should not affect the success/failure or drop rate but is a anti-bot system.

You should be correct about the anti-lag thing.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Modesty wrote: »
    It "SHOULD" be: "The herbs and veins in Ardentmill Harvesting Farm will not longer only spawn the same types of herbs and veins in the same spot every time and will spawn a random herb/vein."

The mini-game should not affect the success/failure or drop rate but is a anti-bot system.

Jw, (semi- from this post and semi- from your reply on my Rune post) where are you getting these "shoulds" or are just assuming that's what they should be? Ty for the responses none the less. =)
    So, basically, that means if I'm farming purple veins, there will a time where there's no purple veins to farm and I have to use fatigue on other veins to get purple veins to spawn?

Also, (from my ignorance) won't this affect MVP buff parties at Ardentmill? Or is that an item and not a skill?
  • ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited August 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Modesty wrote: »

Jw, (semi- from this post and semi- from your reply on my Rune post) where are you getting these "shoulds" or are just assuming that's what they should be? Ty for the responses none the less. =)
    So, basically, that means if I'm farming purple veins, there will a time where there's no purple veins to farm and I have to use fatigue on other veins to get purple veins to spawn?

Also, (from my ignorance) won't this affect MVP buff parties at Ardentmill? Or is that an item and not a skill?

Some from logical assumption, and some from recalling patch notes of other versions. The spawn location is a logical assumption. Since the farms in Ardentmill currently always have everyone of the spawn location filled with something. So if they change it to spawn in a random location after you harvest it, it won't have a location to spawn in. But you all the location are not filled, then the farm becomes way less inefficient.