[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Locked Classes

OddlyfunOddlyfun
Reactions: 720
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Like why are there locked classes it honestly doesn't make any sense. Zero mayb just because its a two character class but Beast Timer why. Both should be able to be played at all time. They arnt even popular classes in maple. So its not like if they where perm that's all people would play so your trying to control the amount of active players playing that class. it honestly doesn't make any sense.
  1. Should Nexon unlock all locked classes Perm?11 votes
    1. Yes
       82% (9 votes)
    2. No
       18% (2 votes)

Comments

• OddlyfunOddlyfun
    Reactions: 720
    edited September 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    nexon thinks like a caveman, they don't think at all, dood.

Very true the majority of the decisions honestly make no sense.
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    It's like McDonald's marketing technique for the McRib. There was no demand for the McRib when they came out so they made it a seasonal item later and folks went nuts for it because it decreased the supply and in return increased the demand. I think Nexon just wants to build up little amounts of hype when they're not available so that when people can actually make it they feel excited. Also because they often need more filler content with events and updates and it's super easy to slap on a "Zero is now available for creation!" in there as content.
  • OddfunOddfun
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Horsechub wrote: »
    It's like McDonald's marketing technique for the McRib. There was no demand for the McRib when they came out so they made it a seasonal item later and folks went nuts for it because it decreased the supply and in return increased the demand. I think Nexon just wants to build up little amounts of hype when they're not available so that when people can actually make it they feel excited. Also because they often need more filler content with events and updates and it's super easy to slap on a "Zero is now available for creation!" in there as content.

I could see this working but down to the basics the classes just arnt popular. Zero is pretty weak and BT is super weak. Both get forgotten about in updates and there is never any effort to truly balance these classes. BT is arguably one of the weakest classes yet it had no changes during the tuneup event that would even make the class interesting to play.

• HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Oddfun wrote: »
    Horsechub wrote: »

I could see this working but down to the basics the classes just arnt popular. Zero is pretty weak and BT is super weak. Both get forgotten about in updates and there is never any effort to truly balance these classes. BT is arguably one of the weakest classes yet it had no changes during the tuneup event that would even make the class interesting to play.

Yeah, I'm just trying to find some kind of reasoning because I agree it's completely irrational.