[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Petition: Make Soul Shear a Toggle (On/Off) Skill

LizardnixLizardnix
Reactions: 440
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As most (if not all) Kannas know, Soul Shear becomes pretty much useless at 4th job, and most just simply avoid it like the plague even through 3rd job because it impairs visibility on drops on the map, or buy an SP reset scroll on 4th job to get rid of it. But now since they added the 30% final attack passive bonus on the skill, (that for some reason doesn't show on stats window) now it's a must for the job. So an easy solution to this would be make the skill a toggle (on/off) one, like teleport mastery or magic guard, that way people who want to see red dots all over can do, and if you don't just don't turn it on, and you still get the passive +30% final attack bonus either if it's on or off, like mechanic guard skill, that would be a Win/Win.

So what do you think?
JettLuvsU
  1. Should Soul Shear become a Toggle (ON/OFF) skill?31 votes
    1. YES. I don't even use the skill and it impairs my ability to see drops.
       94% (29 votes)
    2. NO. Every Kanna must be unable to see anything that drops no matter what.
       6% (2 votes)

Comments

• LizardnixLizardnix
    edited August 2017
    Also if you have any opinion feel free to leave a comment, and thanks to everyone who votes.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I agree. Kannas should not be forced to endure these red droplets (that aren't even affected by skill transparency) just to have damage similar to other mages (as per the update notes).

Either the 30% damage passive should be moved to another skill, or the active part of Soul Shear should become a toggle.
    LizardnixShadowParadox
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I agree. Kannas should not be forced to endure these red droplets (that aren't even affected by skill transparency) just to have damage similar to other mages (as per the update notes).

Either the 30% damage passive should be moved to another skill, or the active part of Soul Shear should become a toggle.

That or make the orbs seethrough, almost completely transparent, like what they did to the menus. Soul Shear right now is annoying not only for the Kanna, but for everyone that makes a party with a Kanna. And if 2 or more kannas make a party... God help us.
    JettLuvsU
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited September 2017
    9 votes vs 0... I guess we got something here.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Yes please
    Soul shear also causes immense lag after a while .
    So strong lag that you can't even move.
    Also the orbs don't do that much damage.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited September 2017
    Yes please
    Soul shear also causes immense lag after a while .
    So strong lag that you can't even move.
    Also the orbs don't do that much damage.

I think the orbs are unable to do critical damage at all.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited September 2017
    I'm pretty surprised some people voted no... if they weren't trolls, I would like to see why they voted for "NO". I'm intriged to know why.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Lizardnix wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised some people voted no... if they weren't trolls, I would like to see why they voted for "NO". I'm intriged to know why.

TBH, your poll is very badly worded.
    If you want to make a fair poll, just put "Yes" and "No" answers. Putting in "Yes, because everything you said is right" and "No, because I'm an idiot", or words to that effect... well, it's very tempting to vote NO just to spite that kind of bias. I didn't, but I can understand those who did.
    Lizardnix
  • BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    +1 I support this. The red orbs are so annoying
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Lizardnix wrote: »

TBH, your poll is very badly worded.
    If you want to make a fair poll, just put "Yes" and "No" answers. Putting in "Yes, because everything you said is right" and "No, because I'm an idiot", or words to that effect... well, it's very tempting to vote NO just to spite that kind of bias. I didn't, but I can understand those who did.

I didn't see it that way when I wrote it, but if some people can take it the way you described I'll take it into consideration for any future suggestions and keep it simple. Thanks for your insight; and I apologize to anyone that could've been offended.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited September 2017
    Btw are suggestions meaningful? I can't recall any changes based on suggestions at the forums, because a lot of people have really valid and well explained requests here, and there hasn't been a single direct response from Nexon official staff so far (from what I've been reading). I think I only remember the event hall map, and then nexon forgot why was it made (NPC Gaga and Cassandra were causing mayor lag in towns and were banished there), and that was years ago. Forums moderators on the other hand are active and interacting a lot more though. It would be nice to see something on the main page, idk, feel like we're being acknowledged. So far it kinda feels like throwing coins on a wishing well.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited September 2017
    I agree, but then they'd have to put in a 2nd skill to activate them.