[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v176 Mushroom Shrine Tales

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    billyb
    billyb said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

billyb
    billyb said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

billyb
    billyb said:

i just finish installed the game,after click to play its showup a notice said you (1) the game world is down for maintainance (2) you are accessing the game from banned ip (3) your internet connection is not stable LOL
    What country are you in?
    Malaysia

If you are in Malaysia, you should be playing MapleSEA service, here: http://maple.asiasoftsea.com/
    so i need new file of maplestory then?
    Yes, you will have to download it from the Asiasoft site.
  • billybbillyb
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    tq the :)
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    Not sure what you folks over there at Nexon are doing with the latest patches and hotfixes and whatnot but a couple maintenances ago MapleStory started crashing every time I log in and very frequently in-game. I'm on a Wifi connection and it's deeply frustrating when the client pauses for 5 seconds then I find out what happened after the fact. I also get frequent 10 second "is the client going to crash again?" periods at least once per hour. This started in August and has only gotten significantly worse lately.

Now the client has a "Maplestory has stopped working" Windows notification before I get past the "Pick the server you want to log in to" screen when I open it up after a system restart (tested, confirmed to be consistent). I do enjoy WinAmp in the background and I often have Chrome open but seriously guys, why the constant crashing and losing connection now?
    6 times yesterday I was kicked from the game by some kind of losing connection error, and twice it thought my client was still logged in and closed Maplestory as a result. I've not had this much trouble with your game until lately. So, whatever is causing the severe server incontinence, please fix it.

If it's anti-hacking measures, there are ways to go about it.
    Borderlands has a feature where every item has a SHA key. That will fix your duping and hacking of Potentials and flush out hackers in those areas quickly.
    Why don't you have an individual character loot rate checker that has a tested max legit value for each map? That will destroy your Vac/Screen hackers by flushing them out for GMs to look at. Most of the time they have an Auto-Logout mechanic that takes their character out of the game or off the channel immediately upon someone else loading in, which prevents the Report function.
    Why don't you also have a Kill Rate function for each map that can be adjusted by your GMs with a slider so they can just hop around a GUI to maps all over Maplestory without having to manually troll each one or follow particular characters? That would flush out the folks killing entire maps with a Melee character that stands completely still.

Filters: By class (melee, ranged, magic)
    By kill rate (slider for % of map per second)
    By loot rate (#Items per second)
    + whatever else will help you immediately find anyone using hacking engines.

Yes, occasionally you will ping on Legit players that are just wrecking the place. That's going to happen. They are few and far between. The hackers now outnumber the legit players, which is a large part of why your game is still rapidly losing population. It's a "hack or fail" game now. Please fix it.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    Welp, Maplestory crashed during a boss fight YET AGAIN. I was on my Shade doing Horntail and it decided that it was going to crash to desktop. Again.

Fix it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Welp, Maplestory crashed during a boss fight YET AGAIN. I was on my Shade doing Horntail and it decided that it was going to crash to desktop. Again.

Fix it.
    Are you quite certain it's not your WiFi hiccuping?
    I personally haven't noticed any new instability in MapleStory (but it still has its old cc-dc) or an increase in people complaining of instability on forums.
    Lilyflower
  • NagatoniichaNagatoniicha
    edited October 2016
    I have all the time dccc from 7pm Easter time....
    What happens to the server? I can not enter from three hours ago. Says a window to disconnect the game: You were disconnected from the game server. Please try again later. Someone can tell me what happens? I still need to finish the key school yesterday, and I'm sure and I lost, and I still need to complete the task of absolute belt. This can not be happening... I guess you will add one more day to both events...
  • NagatoniichaNagatoniicha
    edited October 2016
    Again I. I can't enter to the game! Yesterday I no completed the quest for absolute belt... omg! Now.. i can't enter again! WHY??? I enter the game only to the worlds, I select Scania, and the median channel people, and I'm disconnected !! Same as yesterday! I'm not finished all my tasks belt and keys for school !! This is a serious problem, you must be deactivated regions, and I am within the region, Peru! Come on guys, why ?? I want to finish my missions and play my characteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr... I want to be quiet in this game, even! :/