[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question about gollux.

AlzakielAlzakiel
Reactions: 940
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Hello hello

A small question about gollux since i've started running it yesterday after doing the prequest. I was wondering if i could simply kill both shoulders and leave the abdomen alive ? Or would it just make it harder than killing the abdomen and 1 shoulder ?

Easy gollux is easy, but i was kinda wondering if my L160 demon slayers with a range of 50k-55k atk would be able to clear normal without having to care about Gollux hands.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited September 2017
    if you kill both shoulders then in my understanding the hands shouldn't attack. killing the abdomen removes the attack when he sucks air with some pink-ish attack and then your character walks to his death. ( cant explain it better ) its up to you which you prefer to dodge.
    when i do normal gollux with my dark knight mule, i prefer the hand over the sucky thing attack.
    Alzakiel
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    Reactions: 940
    edited September 2017
    I see, i didn't even know about that pink-ish attack you are talking about. It sure does sound like more trouble than dodging the hand.

Not even sure if my damage is good enough to kill him in the allowed time, might just wait a bit before trying :/ .
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Dk if it's preference by class, but I've usually seen ppl say always kill the abdomen > arms.
    The way I see it (from yt videos), it would be harder to dodge the pink breath over the arms mainly because it looks like the pink attack = insta animation + damage while the arms = some delay after seeing the arm coming up and slamming down, especially with a melee character because the arms don't always hit where you're standing but it looks like the pink attack affects (most/or at least half) of the side Gollux's facing.

Also, I mean you get 3 keys daily. Unless you really want to farm up coins fast, can't hurt to experiment with one key. =L
    Alzakiel