[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star Force

Xenon92Xenon92
Reactions: 2,125
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
Hi, I am enraged like holy damn enraged..
Are you sure you fixed star force? Yes you guys fixed the double amount of money thing
but now, the rates of success seems a lot lower than it was before you touched it..
I can pass 2 10% slates within 10 slate scrolls yet I just failed 85% on Star Force about 5x
I failed 70% star force 6x, and 45% star force 25x, if i could have recorded it, I would have.

the last server check listed 2 great fixes that players wanted, and 1 of them is confirmed still broken (DRPQ)
and now, i'm seriously thinking Star Force as well.

is anyone else having issues with the success rate? I posted this in RnR instead of bug report since I can't tell if it's a bug
but fosho I am so ticked off. Not looking very good right before V update..

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    RNG is funny business sometimes, yo. Gets stuck in a rut now and then.
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2016
    I failed the 5th star on one of my items 3x in a row, don't think I've ever had that happen. Prior to that I passed a 50% innocence scroll, then 6/6 advanced gollux scrolls, so amazing luck followed by wth? There were many more fails in the drop range, but those are more or less normal - but failing multiple times before you even get to the drop-a-star range? Now thats a little fishy.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2016
    Mallow256
    Mallow256 said:

I failed the 5th star on one of my items 3x in a row, don't think I've ever had that happen. Prior to that I passed a 50% innocence scroll, then 6/6 advanced gollux scrolls, so amazing luck followed by wth? There were many more fails in the drop range, but those are more or less normal - but failing multiple times before you even get to the drop-a-star range? Now thats a little fishy.
    lol i legit failed 45% (11thstar) 13 times and counting...
    Anyone know a good video program that can record maplestory while playing?
    @kthxbainao pls check this.. I don't think it's fixed, it's even worse -.-
    Even when it was costing double the mesos, the success rate was so much better than it is now..
    I was able to pass 15 stars with only maybe 4 fails in total
    and now it's just 1654113213 failures.
    also, I know after a legit amount of failures, the star catching mini-game is suppose to speed up
    but at a point to where I am, the mini-game goes even faster than it use to, beyond what the human-eye can see..

Please try it yourself everyone

Edit:Finally got 15 stars after like 15b down the god damn drain.
  • villianridavillianrida
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2017
    ...talkin about failing.. i destroyed my tyrnt shoe at 1% and right after that i destroyed my tyrant cape 5 times at 6% all within 2days... also it was in the orange area(bonus higher success rate). Then! my last shoe n cape that i got... i hit it in the second dark spot, and guess what?? it both hit 10 stars in a row... like wtf?? nexon... always making things worse.. thats probably why the community is getting smaller and smaller. nexon if you're reading this go re-hire your old employees they seem to make the games more fun in every way. nowadays it seems like someone worked on the program blind folded
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    ...talkin about failing.. i destroyed my tyrnt shoe at 1% and right after that i destroyed my tyrant cape 5 times at 6% all within 2days... also it was in the orange area(bonus higher success rate). Then! my last shoe n cape that i got... i hit it in the second dark spot, and guess what?? it both hit 10 stars in a row... like wtf?? nexon... always making things worse.. thats probably why the community is getting smaller and smaller. nexon if you're reading this go re-hire your old employees they seem to make the games more fun in every way. nowadays it seems like someone worked on the program blind folded

The necropost is strong with this one. For future reference, you may want to make a new thread instead of bumping a year old thread. @Villianrida
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited October 2017
    #rigged