[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why do I have such a hard time finding places/npcs

TyyniTyyni
Reactions: 100
edited October 2017 in General Chat
I feel like I'm searching so long I'm not leveling and I'd be better off grinding than doing quests... am I missing something? I used to play this game when I was younger and didn't struggle this much. I read what city I need to go to and then I am just dumbfounded on how to get to that city/place.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,860
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    The game does have a built-in navigation function you can use for most maps. Open the world map, select the map you want to navigate to, and select the "enable navigation" button at the top of the map. For inter-continental travel this will typically lead you through the airports, however, so it's usually faster to use the Dimensional Mirror to Alishan or FriendStory, then take the exit to Henesys, move to Six Paths Crossway, take the Interdimensional Portal to Grandis, then take the Interdimensional Portal back to whichever town you need.

The minimap feature also has an NPC button, which causes the NPC's icon on the minimap to blink.
    Tyyni
  • TyyniTyyni
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The game does have a built-in navigation function you can use for most maps. Open the world map, select the map you want to navigate to, and select the "enable navigation" button at the top of the map. For inter-continental travel this will typically lead you through the airports, however, so it's usually faster to use the Dimensional Mirror to Alishan or FriendStory, then take the exit to Henesys, move to Six Paths Crossway, take the Interdimensional Portal to Grandis, then take the Interdimensional Portal back to whichever town you need.

The minimap feature also has an NPC button, which causes the NPC's icon on the minimap to blink.

The travel system is confusing to me. Most of the time the quest tells me to do something and I go to those areas and the things dont exist or I have no idea of the general area its referring to.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,860
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Tyyni wrote: »
    The travel system is confusing to me. Most of the time the quest tells me to do something and I go to those areas and the things dont exist or I have no idea of the general area its referring to.

If you ever need help with a quest you can always ask people on this forum, the subreddit, or the discord. Most people would be happy to answer any questions you have.