[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Just some random ranting.

bazzybazzy
Reactions: 1,525
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Rants and Raves
Why is it that GMS always copys from another version of the game, such as KMS, and JMS. Why is it that they can't think of, and make their own updates? Whenever the community complains about a change that was pointless, Nexon doesn't change it; but if they make their own content, it is terrible. Jett was a terrible class, and no one played it until the patch that made Starfall a no cooldown skill. Then it became broken. When Nexon makes their own content, it's bad. When Nexon copys something off of another version and it's bad, they don't do anything. (e.g) When Nexon announced that the drop rate nerf was coming, everyone complained. Everyone thought it was useless. Nexon didn't fix it. When Nexon announced that Haku was getting nerfed, everyone complained. Keep in mind, both changes were unnecessary and probably disadvantageous. Why not listen to the players, and do what they want?

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    I mean, Nexon can only follow the desires of the players so far, but I agree with you. I can only dream of how great GMS would be if they customized each patch for GMS specifically.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    Majority of the content in all versions comes from Korea as Korea is where development happens and where the game came from. Every other version just has that same game published in their region. Of course the publisher in those regions offer their feedback from players and input for their specific region but that's about as far as it goes. We do get some of our own content made but it's very minor.

This is generally how things work for all MMO games that come from a different country whether it be China, Korea or even Japan. I will agree lately it feels they have been ignoring our feedback but keep in mind, not all changes and ideas player want is necessarily good for the game. You also have to take into account the needed development time. I used to see people coming up with ideas for new classes and even new zones. While this all sounds great on paper the needed development time for such a thing that may not even turn out great isn't worth the risk.

I definitely feel like the drop rate changes should have been handled differently and our feedback should have played a part (sadly it didn't). I also feel like the Haku buff changes could have been handled better. There are some solid suggestions for alternatives to the nerf.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    Nexon is the Publisher. Wizet is the Developer. Like any other Developer / Publisher relationship; The Developer grants the Publisher certain revokable rights, to Publish the Developer's product. Be it on GMS, KMS, JMS or PMS. ~ The least you could do is research the company before hurling 🍍s at them. :smirk:

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Nevermind.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    "So for now, Wizet = Nexon. Nexon is also a publisher but not for Maplesea. However, Nexon is the game creator. Thus, Nexon’s role is to fix bugs, create maps, create items(be it cash or non-cash). Anything in game is done by Nexon. All Maps belong to Nexon. The patch timings,patches and server checks are all done by Nexon. Nexon modifies the in game contents." -Ayumilove
    MageOfBattles
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    Wikipedia wrote: »
    "Wizet (Korean: 위젯) was a game development studio located in Seoul, South Korea. They reached commercial success with their hit game MapleStory and were absorbed into their publishing company, Nexon America. Nexon developed a franchise system and expanded its services to Japan, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, the United States, Europe, Brazil, and Vietnam. Eventually, Wizet reached the global world after having finished developing key features of MapleStory."
    If Wizet did not still own the game in some fashion (or own the rights to it), their brand would not still be on it. ~ :)