[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Instant region entrance is annoying/Cross World PQ

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So I live in Europe.. every time I log in my NA account it automatically takes me in to Luna. (Where I have 0 characters)

Let me also mention the fact that when you hit the region select button you have a pretty high chance of the game freezing up.. ( I am now on a Windows 10 top of the line pc and I still get crashes and freezes/errors in the client) Where anything else that hasn't happened.

I thought this was going to be a good change where it would remember the last region you went in but seems it takes you to whatever region you actually live in.

I have two accounts , One has characters in Europe and one has characters in NA.. Please change how this works so whenever you log in an account it would remember your region or maybe give people the option to disable it as well as they might have one account with characters in EU/NA and they could decide which they would like to play.

Oh and fix cross world party quest it's really difficult finding a party when the lobby you go in is completely random.. before you had channel selection. In addition removing the limit would increase participation and make the game more community based like it used to be.
Hardmuscle

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Anyone else annoyed by this?
    Hardmuscle
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2017
    Despite the lack of participation in this thread, I'm sure there are many Maplers who play in regions they don't live in and aren't vocal.
    We can see if this can be changed.
    chaoscauserHardmuscle
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2017
    I can attest to constantly crashing with the region auto-select feature. It often takes 2-3 tries to get into the game. I think it has to do with selecting the region before it fully loads, before i would click the edge of the screen before selecting the region but now it just autoclicks. I suggest they find a way to load the region selection faster or before the opening sequence starts (if its possible).
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Despite the lack of participation in this thread, I'm sure there are many Maplers who play in regions they don't live in and aren't vocal.
    We can see if this can be changed.

As in region selection and cross world pq? Because Cross World PQ is bugged

I meant both change region and the EU /NA buttons have a chance of crashing/freezing the game

On testing of Cross World party quest in Korean MapleStory. They have completely removed channel selection in KMS for the CrossWPQ. However it seems like in KMS you only have 1 instance it will take you in and will always take you in it. So yeah it's bugged. When GMS removed channel selection it seems like they forgot to remove the other channel instances and forgot to link the portal to that one instance.

But I do still thing that the entry limit should be removed also