[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rankings

NeospectorNeospector
Reactions: 9,760
Volunteer Forum Moderator
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Ignore this doing shuffling.

Comments

• cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2017
    Howdy.

About Weekly and Monthly Player Rankings, please remove both of them.
    This is just so useless and causes a lot of problems here in Scania.
    I truly don't understand why nexon has made it from the first place, also 1 of my friends has quit becase of it (his haters discovered his main and caused him a lot of troubles).

EDIT:

Instead of removing them, please fix them so they're not a security breach! and until that's done, please remove them.
    Gomenasai
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2017
    Howdy.

I truly don't understand why nexon has made it from the first place, also 1 of my friends has quit becase of it (his haters discovered his main and caused him a lot of troubles).

I wish Nexon would do that, I also find it annoying as hell, but unfortunately they'd never do that because Nexon never listen to their players.
    cheezburger85
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    They just need to fix those so they're not a security breach.
    But yes, until that's done, they need to be removed.
    cheezburger85
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

100% true, I doubt Nexon would listen to us though.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    edited November 2017
    Someone else posted this thread but I doubt Nexon even read this, so I'll be posting it in here.

Howdy.

• NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2017
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    Someone else posted this thread but I doubt Nexon even read this, so I'll be posting it in here.

Howdy.

Do not spam threads. It was honestly a pain in the neck to merge your two threads. If a thread exists and you have something to add, bump that one. Do not create duplicate threads with identical content.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    edited November 2017
    Oh, I'm sorry about that.
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Howdy.

Do not spam threads. It was honestly a pain in the neck to merge your two threads. If a thread exists and you have something to add, bump that one. Do not create duplicate threads with identical content.
    May I know why you deleted his post? I understand he made a mistake, but doesnt

Howdy.

Hello.
    Please fix the Ranking Players so they're not a security breach T_T
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2017

I attempted to merge the posts, which had the exact same title, and accidentally merged the wrong thread as the parent thread. So I split the comments into a new post and remerged the posts into the correct order. The post wasn't deleted, however Vanilla's forum software makes me the thread owner because of quirk.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    OK, but can we please fix the Weekly/Monthly rankings so they are not a security breach?
    cheezburger85SuperSaiyan3Mesos
    edited November 2017

I attempted to merge the posts, which had the exact same title, and accidentally merged the wrong thread as the parent thread. So I split the comments into a new post and remerged the posts into the correct order. The post wasn't deleted, however Vanilla's forum software makes me the thread owner because of quirk.

Yeah, we're sorry about it but, do you think you guys can at least think about fixing the Ranking Players so they're not a security breach? T_T could be so helpful.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I really hope nexon will fix this at least, and

Yeah, you're definitely right, nexon should totally remove it until it get fixed.
    edited November 2017
    OK, but can we please fix the Weekly/Monthly rankings so they are not a security breach?

I don't understand much about computres but, do you think it's complicated to fix it? I really wish they could fix it as soon as possible.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

I don't understand much about computres but, do you think it's complicated to fix it? I really wish they could fix it as soon as possible.

All they have to do is, for example, sort all chars with the same exp gain alphabetically. Should be pretty trivial.
    Even if it's not, disabling these rankings can't possibly be complicated.
    cheezburger85
    edited November 2017

All they have to do is, for example, sort all chars with the same exp gain alphabetically. Should be pretty trivial.

Wait a moment, but if they'd make it as the same exp gain alphabetically, are not people would still able to see the other characters of the same account? I mean people can just search my character's in game name and see my other charactres? sorry I didn't understand you.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Wait a moment, but if they'd make it as the same exp gain alphabetically, are not people would still able to see the other characters of the same account? I mean people can just search my character's in game name and see my other charactres? sorry I didn't understand you.

Depends on the names you use, I suppose.
    If your characters are Cheezburger1, Cheezburger2, etc, then yes, they'd still be listed together.
    But if your characters are Mozzarella, Gouda, BlueCheese, etc, then they'll be scattered throughout the list.

And tbh, if your character names follow a pattern, then anyone stalking you would be able to guess them anyway.
    cheezburger85
    edited November 2017

If your characters are Cheezburger1, Cheezburger2, etc, then yes, they'd still be listed together.
    But if your characters are Mozzarella, Gouda, BlueCheese, etc, then they'll be scattered throughout the list.

And tbh, if your character names follow a pattern, then anyone stalking you would be able to guess them anyway.

Wow, that's a really good idea, I hope Nexon would make it and of course remove the Ranking Playres until then.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited November 2017

I also find it quite annoying, I truly hope they'd fix it as soon as possible.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2017

I gotta agree with Cheez, why do we even need this from the first place?
    I doubt anyone is even paying attention to it.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    edited November 2017

Hold on, why did the Moderator removed the poll? and "Ignore this and doing shuffling"? am I reading right? O.o
    Is that like, some kind of a joke? instead of fixing the problem, just ignoring this and "doing shuffling"?
    To me it just seems like someone in here is trying to make fun of us.