[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

3AM fishing contest!?

AzzatoAzzato
Reactions: 540
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There is even a fishing contest that occurs every Monday from 3:00 AM to 4:00 AM Pacific.

Let us think about who the target demographic is for maplestory.

Now let's realize that said target demographic....IS ASLEEP AT THAT TIME BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL IN THE MORNING.

"Hey kids! Ef school! Wake up in the middle of the night to play video games, your parents won't mind. Hope you do good on that test."
~Nexon

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    They did say, "The early worm gets the fish."

For once there's an event timed for Aussies and Europeans.
    I approve.
    chaoscauser
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I approve.
    CRAAAAAZY idea
    Use the client IP to determine the players geolocation and adjust the fishing time based on that. Then make it a real time people are awake in that location of the earth. Tally the results at the end of the day.

If you use a VPN to play maple....well that sucks
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    6-7 am EST, woooo. I'm never awake that early but if I am, yay.

I mean technically it makes sense since I think the best time to go fishing is early in the morning because the fishies will be nice and hungry for the bait on your hook.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    wow for once in a game, the time fits me (Aus). I don't have to wake up at 4am to watch DotA 2 tournaments.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Azzato
    Azzato said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I approve.
    CRAAAAAZY idea
    Use the client IP to determine the players geolocation and adjust the fishing time based on that. Then make it a real time people are awake in that location of the earth. Tally the results at the end of the day.

First, this could be abused.

Second, how would this promote a tournament if everyone was participating at different times according to the server?
  • AzzatoAzzato
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Azzato
    Azzato said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I approve.
    CRAAAAAZY idea

Second, how would this promote a tournament if everyone was participating at different times according to the server?
    1) Explain how it could be abused when they use your IP geolocation.
    2) Um it would promote the fact that EVERYONE COULD FEASIBLY PARTICIPATE.....I feel like I shouldn't have to point that out.

Wait wait, I can make this better. How about
    No specific time when you are "Allowed to participate" and just have it open,
    Ya know, so I don't have to set an alarm to remind myself to play a game.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Azzato
    Azzato said:

gamechanger

Azzato
    Azzato said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

I approve.
    CRAAAAAZY idea

1) Explain how it could be abused when they use your IP geolocation.
    2) Um it would promote the fact that EVERYONE COULD FEASIBLY PARTICIPATE.....I feel like I shouldn't have to point that out.

Wait wait, I can make this better. How about
    No specific time when you are "Allowed to participate" and just have it open,
    Ya know, so I don't have to set an alarm to remind myself to play a game.
    Its trivial to change your IP address and get around geolocation filters like what you propose.

Secondly you missed the point. If the "tournament" is from say 3pm-4pm on everyone's local time, then when I am in the tournament, you won't be because you live in another time zone. It will be impossible for us to compete against each other because of that....I feel like I shouldn't have to point that out.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited October 2016
    OdysseyTwo