[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Hayato] Battoujutsu Dash Unusable

KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
Reactions: 1,720
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
Basically, trying to use Battoujutsu Dash on the ground won't work. It displays a "You are not high enough in the air to use this skill" message, followed by no skill being cast.
It does work if you're way up in the air, but that isn't the point.

This started occurring immediately once the game went up, after the latest update dropped.

This better not be intentional, since this is one of Hayato's main methods of mobility within Quick Draw stance.

:(
MesosOberstein

Comments

• KirigiKirigi
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2017
    Makes playing hayato very awkward now... pretty much gamebreaking. I agree, hopefully it's a bug and not intentional!
  • KirigiKirigi
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2017
    You might want to edit the post to explain how to reproduce the bug just for the team, who probably don't even know how Hayato works.
  • BlackWoodBlackWood
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    I have the same issue, now I need to jump before using Battoujutsu Dash, it makes the mobility of Hayato so poor, hopefully this problem can be repaired soon.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the report, it has been forwarded.
  • KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Kirigi wrote: »
    You might want to edit the post to explain how to reproduce the bug just for the team, who probably don't even know how Hayato works.

For those unaware of how one would go about reproducing this:

In the beginner skill tab, there is a skill labelled 'Quick Draw'. Activate that skill and your default stance, along with 'Sanrenzan' in all jobs, and 'Battoujutsu Leap' ( found in the 1st job tab) will change into their Iaijutsu versions. Respectively, 'Battoujutsu Leap' becomes 'Battoujutsu Dash'.

Attempt to use the 'Battoujutsu Dash' skill on a map that allows skills. You'll be met with the same results as me.
  • SigaNgBayanSigaNgBayan
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2017
    Fix for this bug is not part of the minor patch later? :/
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited December 2017
    Did you guys try to tap the arrow 3x instead of 2x? When i checked for my friend if the hitokiri strike buff got fixed (it didn't), I also checked for the dash on super stance and i had to press more than twice to use dash.
  • KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Did you guys try to tap the arrow 3x instead of 2x? When i checked for my friend if the hitokiri strike buff got fixed (it didn't), I also checked for the dash on super stance and i had to press more than twice to use dash.

Quick Draw's Dash has been fixed, but Hitokiri Strike doesn't apply the crit rate bonus now?

Fun. :/

As for Battoujutsu Dash, it works with 2 key inputs on my end without any troubles (IDK if lag might factor into this).

Also, it's best that you actually bind Battoujutsu Dash to a key, as opposed to tapping the arrow keys 2 ~ 3 times. IMO You shouldn't have to go through the effort of tapping a key more than once to cast a skill if it works via a regular keybind.