[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Is it possible to reach 1m range without paying?

RailBirdRailBird
Reactions: 2,450
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Yes, yes it is.
(Only buffs I've used are my basic no-cooldown skills)

Reached this by using whatever the game provided through events and boss drops.
My biggest achievement on Maplestory so far :D

Comments

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2016
    If you bought even a single item from the free market then it doesn't count. I've got 900k range with 100% crit on my battle mage without personally spending any real money, but I don't consider myself to have achieved that without NX because I bought my fafnir stuff from the FM.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

If you bought even a single item from the free market then it doesn't count. I've got 900k range with 100% crit on my battle mage without personally spending any real money, but I don't consider myself to have achieved that without NX because I bought my fafnir stuff from the FM.
    Reboot...we don't trade, no Cash shop.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

Just because someone else spent money on the game doesn't mean I have to. And just because I bought something someone else spent money on the game to be able to get doesn't means I'm going to go commit sudoku because I spent real money on the game by proxy of buying something I'm not able to get on my own.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

???
    Of course it still counts. The economy is a part of the game that is meant to be used.

Would you discredit someone's achievements if they sold an item to another player, but that other player originally got that meso from selling a permanent NX item that they paid real money for. Would you consider that "tainted" meso that's unusable if you want to call yourself a F2P player?
    That's beyond ridiculous.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

I couldn't care less how much money the people I bought some of my gear from have spent on this game.. That's their choice, not mine.
    I gathered enough valuable loot to earn the mesos I needed to buy them. How they've obtained those items is their business..
    How would making use of the Free Market and ingame economy make it any less of an achievement? It's a core element of the game..

darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

There's no 'fafnir stuff' in the cash shop, they drop from bosses.
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited October 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

Yes, yes it is.
    (Only buffs I've used are my basic no-cooldown skills)

Reached this by using whatever the game provided through events and boss drops.
    My biggest achievement on Maplestory so far :D
    f3, I got to 3m range and I haven't paid a single penny since I started for that. and no, im not from reboot.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2016
    Wowee I sure stepped on a few egos today. The rules of your goals are your own business, but this thread was obviously made to generate friction so don't throw a hissy fit when someone has stricter rules.

If you leeched a hacker to kill hard lotus would you consider that an achievement? It's the same concept.
    aircatcherLilyflower
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

Wowee I sure stepped on a few egos today. The rules of your goals are your own business, but this thread was obviously made to generate friction so don't throw a hissy fit when someone has stricter rules.

If you leeched a hacker to kill hard lotus would you consider that an achievement? It's the same concept.
    Buying NX-generated items or CRA in the freemarket to fund yourself is not even in the same ballpark as leeching off a hacker. And if the rules of our own goals are our own business, why are you going around stating "If you bought even a single item from the free market then it doesn't count" as if it were fact, when you're blatantly wrong.
    Get off your high horse.

darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    ZephyrusSpring

The thread was made for RailBird(the OP) to show off the range he(or she, whatevs) got to without personally spending any money. Then you come in all like "IF U BUY STUFF FROM THE FM U CAN'T SAY UR F2P OLOLOLOLOL". The only friction generated here is by your doing.

So I guess what I'm saying is, there's apparently only one ego that was stepped upon in here.
    aircatcher
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Its definitely possible to reach 2m-2m without paying, but I don't find it fun at all because it involves hundreds of hours of what I consider to be the most boring parts of this game (elite boss hunting and FM flipping)
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Well it will be specially easyer with the arcane symbols comming no in 5job.
  • MrsCuteMrsCute
    Reactions: 790
    edited October 2016
    It just depends on how much restriction you place on yourself if you plan on priding yourself in being a "free to play" player.

Most of the time, free to play just refers to individually not spending cash (NX), and farming the game's currency (mesos) in order to obtain desired equipment which technically is an indirect method of obtaining items off a potentially pay2win player (ie: If you farm 10b after many months and buy a well-scrolled fafnir weapon with legendary potential without spending a single penny, it doesn't change the fact that you indirectly obtained it from who is likely to be a pay2win player). In other words, they're technically not pay2win, but they are certainly leveraging the power of the marketplace and other potential pay2win players in order to get their gear.

On the contrary, a really strict version of free to play usually means that they're practically going to play solo meaning that they're essentially restricted to using Ranmaru equipment until they reach a point where they can also defeat CRA with just ranmaru equipment at the best, which is absurdly tough and difficult. At least gollux accessories are one of the best equipment accessible for all types of players, geared or not geared, so there's that.

Both are considered free to play anyways. Neither are bad. It just depends on how you want to play the game. Personally, I wouldn't do the latter because that's really nothing but torture- and last time I checked, I was playing this game to have fun and pass time.
    Wait, is fun not allowed? ;___;
    -cries in a corner-
    Joking aside though..

If you're the former (utilizing the marketplace), achieving 1m~ range isn't really all that impressive, considering that all you need to do is farm elite bosses and keep stacking up that 5~10m/day that you get from spam killing basic bosses like Zakum, Gollux, and the like, that you can kill with basic semi-spell traced equipment in order to buy the equipment needed to keep up with the boss's requirements. If you reached 1m~ range with the latter (restricting yourself from the marketplace) however, now that's impressive and worth noting; that doesn't seem to be the case though.

Either way, this thread is just someone trying to fuel their e-peen about being an F2P player.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    any person that is not in reboot who said they funded without paying cash in nx is a lyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    DarkPassenger
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    riza
    Riza said:

any person that is not in reboot who said they funded without paying cash in nx is a lyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I have personally spent not one single cent on this game and got my Shade to 600k+ range. I don't play on Reboot. The community on there is rather toxic, as seen by several forum posts and numerous threads on the subreddit over time.
    Sherri
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

I have personally spent not one single cent on this game and got my Shade to 600k+ range. I don't play on Reboot. The community on there is rather toxic, as seen by several forum posts and numerous threads on the subreddit over time.
    for me i spent 1000+ on nx and have 1mil range to be exact also ebossing and merching is another way to do it but requires a large amount of time i would say a year if your really legit if less then that. for me another 100+nx will get me to 2-2 mil clean cause from my knowledge 15,000 of str int dex or luk gets u 2-2 mil clean and that can only be achieved through nx people or in game events.
  • rizariza
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

for me i spent 1000+ on nx and have 1mil range to be exact also ebossing and merching is another way to do it but requires a large amount of time i would say a year if your really legit if less then that. for me another 100+nx will get me to 2-2 mil clean cause from my knowledge 15,000 of str int dex or luk gets u 2-2 mil clean and that can only be achieved through nx people or in game events.
    So you dumped a ton of money into the game, didn't get much out of it and now you're all bitter about it. When you say the game is 'pay to win' what I think you actually mean is the game isn't 'show up to win'.

Like I said, even just putting in ONE single hour of effort a day and you can rack up around a BILLION mesos a week... so if you can't even be bothered to put in ONE single hour of game play a day... yeah, you're pretty well the poster child for self-entitlement run amok.
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

So you dumped a ton of money into the game, didn't get much out of it and now you're all bitter about it. When you say the game is 'pay to win' what I think you actually mean is the game isn't 'show up to win'.

Like I said, even just putting in ONE single hour of effort a day and you can rack up around a BILLION mesos a week... so if you can't even be bothered to put in ONE single hour of game play a day... yeah, you're pretty well the poster child for self-entitlement run amok.
    well when i say i dumped down 1000+ in the game what i meant by that is i dump down nx for rewards for contribution in previous guilds not the one im in rn. also in cash shop deals "outfits" also i am the king of the hene cash shops in my sever also part of the money was towards gear. the total amount i put towards my actual range is 100nx which is a small fraction of what i said usually to achieve 2-2 mil clean u need about 200-500usd worth of nx to legitly achieve it. also a portion of my wealth and game spoils i share it with my brohters and alliance cause i feel investing in ur team is the way to go lol. so if you call me a spoiled or entitled child for just posting the fact that i legitly used my nx to achieve most of these feats that most people would not openly and honestly admit then yes i am the poster child of the entitled legit maple player lmao.
  • DariusJQuellanDariusJQuellan
    Reactions: 720
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

riza
    Riza said:

Aggraphine

riza
    Riza said:

riza
    Riza said:

well when i say i dumped down 1000+ in the game what i meant by that is i dump down nx for rewards for contribution in previous guilds not the one im in rn. also in cash shop deals "outfits" also i am the king of the hene cash shops in my sever also part of the money was towards gear. the total amount i put towards my actual range is 100nx which is a small fraction of what i said usually to achieve 2-2 mil clean u need about 200-500usd worth of nx to legitly achieve it. also a portion of my wealth and game spoils i share it with my brohters and alliance cause i feel investing in ur team is the way to go lol. so if you call me a spoiled or entitled child for just posting the fact that i legitly used my nx to achieve most of these feats that most people would not openly and honestly admit then yes i am the poster child of the entitled legit maple player lmao.

Lol! "Legitly". What a moron.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2016
    Gratz to those who have gotten a decent range without spending much or any money on it. I think it's a achievement worth taking pride in. :)
    3ccentric
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    I spent like $800 on this game, but half of it was on perm boxes and useless stuff. This was when i was new and people told me to buy perm boxes to make money. Obviously i regret. I'm 1mil range clean.

Once you reach 500k, you can make about a few hundred mil a week. Getting to 500k without spending any money or getting any help from friends/guild will take more than a year for casual players. 500k is the cut off where you can solo most bosses in the game except hellux, Cra, hard PB, Hard hilla, norm cygnus etc.

With Spider and drop rate you can get 30-50 superior crystals a day by just doing bosses and extracting them. 1.5mil each
    Occasional elite boss drops which you can stalk bots to sell CSS 10%, protection scrolls etc if you're lucky)
    Do DWT dailies for 3 stigmas that can be sold for 35-55mil each
    Save 250 Commerci coins for a SW item. Min 200mil and up to 700mil if it's a great potential

I can solo Hellux and sometimes it'll drop a Sup pendant which you can sell for 1bil+ each. Point is, reaching 2mil-2mil becomes easier once you reach a range and level that you can sustain yourself financially.
This discussion has been closed.