[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove "Airborne" req. from Cadena's skills.

RailBirdRailBird
Reactions: 2,450
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon,

The following skills now require the player to be airborne for no reason whatsoever.
- Summon Shotgun
- Summon Daggers
- Summon Brick
These requirements are NOT intended and there is absolutely NO valid reason why these requirements were added. They completely destroy the momentum of a class that is supposed to be very agile and flashy. Not another "You're not high enough to use this skill" simulator.
I ask you to remove these requirements and restore Cadena's skills to how they were intended.

Sincerely,
Everyone.
SlicedTimeJerebugVivwoofSherriShadowParadoxfoussiremixIcewave21SotaSamsonBooberpuppyPetalmagicand 4 others.

Comments

• SimzSimz
    Reactions: 985
    edited November 2017
    Sad stuff
    theLUMIRainheartBooberpuppySherri
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Agreed. It's unnecessary for the skills to be required to be used in the air. This isn't mercedes.
    RainheartVivwoofIcewave21BooberpuppySherri
  • CodeDonutsCodeDonuts
    Reactions: 625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Summon Daggers is fine. honestly, no sense using shotgun midair. + where did you get that giant stone from? meteor you caught from the air? i suppose they're meant to be used after the Summon Grenades, as it teleport you up, either way i'm fine with this.if Cadena were to get a buff in any patch notes soon, this should be in it.
    Vivwoof
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever. Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it like that. I hope Nexon changes it back.
    RainheartSherri
  • JerebugJerebug
    Reactions: 1,841
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    There is also a Hayato skill (Battoujutso dash) that now is airborne only, which was never supposed to happen either. Please fix these bugs Nexon.
    RainheartSherri
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2017
    Try those airborne skills with Chain Arts: Pursuit Skill really fast.
    That's how you "fix". >:)

Then some epic Cadena combos:
    I'm just learning the "chains".
    Neither of us are high enough to use the skills ;) (and that's what the game tells you every time)

BUT, I guess you're right. These requirements do limit player's freedom to mess around with. Fine. I agree.
    Sherri
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    I was informed on Discord that these Cadena skills listed in this thread do not have the midair requirement in other regions. We can inquire why this restriction is in our version.
    VivwoofSherriSlicedTimeRainheartBooberpuppyRailBirdTimid
  • RainheartRainheart
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2017
    it completely destorys the momentum of cadena, and makes executing a perfect combo (which is somewat needed for this class since the dps isn't high to begin with) as good as impossible, i agree that it should be reverted to the way it's suppose to be. There is no reason for it to be here and no reason for it to stay unless the goal was to create yet another linkskill mule.
    Vivwoof
  • MesosMesos
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    Rainheart wrote: »
    it completely destorys the momentum of cadena, and makes executing a perfect combo (which is somewat needed for this class since the dps isn't high to begin with) as good as impossible, i agree that it should be reverted to the way it's suppose to be. There is no reason for it to be here and no reason for it to stay unless the goal was to create yet another linkskill mule.

Considering you can't even get any weapons past 60, you're going to have a very hard time progressing as a Cadena.
    Rainheart
  • VivwoofVivwoof
    Reactions: 720
    edited November 2017
    This. @Arwoo if you can please convince the uppers to revert the changes. The only reason that’s preventing me from quitting is this class. Cadena is meant to be played with “chaining” (hehe) her skills smoothly. This disrupts her gameplay and makes it near impossible to boss with.

Sincerely,
    The entire playerbase
    RainheartBooberpuppy
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited November 2017
    Speaking of, on my Kanna I keep getting a chat system message saying "You can't use this in the air" if I jump while using Vanquisher's Charm. It doesn't prevent me from actually attacking or anything, just spams my chat, but I have a feeling it may be related?
    Sherri
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited November 2017
    Jacaru wrote: »
    Try those airborne skills with Chain Arts: Pursuit Skill really fast.
    That's how you "fix". >:)

Then some epic Cadena combos:
    I'm just learning the "chains".
    Neither of us are high enough to use the skills ;) (and that's what the game tells you every time)

BUT, I guess you're right. These requirements do limit player's freedom to mess around with. Fine. I agree.

Meh even then it's not supposed to be our job to make work around's for something that should not be in the first place.

Granted thanks for this info but still i just wanted to use my shoty on the ground everything else was kinda ok but it was the shotgun in the air flinging me around that made me go NOPE.
  • ZenithaZenitha
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2017
    The Summon Shotgun, Summon Daggers. And Summon Brick skills currently require you to be airborne while in both KMS and MSEA they do not have this requirement.

Also along the same lines Hayatos Battoujutsu Dash requires you to be airborne.
  • RainheartRainheart
    edited December 2017
    Might be just me, but 90% of the time both skills except granades just misses the mobs completely. It's clearly not made to be used in the air, and that besides all the other arguments allready provided. Really hope to see a change to this soon.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2017
    Rainheart wrote: »
    Might be just me, but 90% of the time both skills except granades just misses the mobs completely. It's clearly not made to be used in the air, and that besides all the other arguments allready provided. Really hope to see a change to this soon.

Exactly this, and it's not just you.
    Especially the skills "Summon Daggers" and "Summon Brick" make this painfully obvious.
    When you use any of these skill on a flat surface you're almost guaranteed to miss your targets because you're too high above them.
    I'm really looking forward to a reply from Arwoo why the dev team went out of their way to make these changes when they're so obviously wrong.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, started noticing this. It's reaaaaally annoying :T
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    I’m used to attacking mid air as I main a db outside of reboot. It’s more about reaction, timing. regardless of it just being about convienience, if other regions don’t have the restriction global shouldn’t either. Cause pressing the jump key isn’t that big a deal, you can still combo in mid air

Essentially, I just work up the stacks then use the chain before the cd runs out use the chain art skills again.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited December 2017
    I’m used to attacking mid air as I main a db outside of reboot. It’s more about reaction, timing. regardless of it just being about convienience, if other regions don’t have the restriction global shouldn’t either. Cause pressing the jump key isn’t that big a deal, you can still combo in mid air

Essentially, I just work up the stacks then use the chain before the cd runs out use the chain art skills again.

Even if it's not hard to jump and use the skills, you can easily tell they weren't meant to be airborne skills, with multiple of them having a nonexistent downwards range.
  • RainheartRainheart
    edited December 2017

I disagree with it not being a big problem, as mentiont, alot of the skills just completly miss, the moment that they actualy work is extreemly close to the ground. Even if u were to train on it to get those timings perfect, its not possible to keep combo's and momentum going. it defeats the idea behinde the class (being mobile and using combo's), nor is made for it to be like that, as seen by all other version that have this class implemented.

Anyways, would like to hear back from @Arwoo to see wat the reasoning behinde this was, and if we can expect a change to how its suppose to be.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    There's nothing wrong with Cadena. Everyone just doesn't know how to play the class.
    Did you read anything in this thread at all? Yes there is, this change is wrong with Cadena. In no other region of maplestory do these skills require you to be airborne. There is literally something wrong with this class.