[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Winter Photo Card Event

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited December 2017 in General Chat
Despite that it's only a temporary event, is it still worth doing?

Comments

• RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2017
    Free temporary buffs, some of which are really helpful, nova coins and unique chairs.
    Event doesn't take up much time either as you collect cards while you train.
    It's worth it, imo.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Bonus coins, bonus honor, and I think the biggest ones are going to be bonus profession and bonus monster collection rates.
    bootlicker
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited December 2017
    While you are training you collect Nova Boxes, Photo Cards, Dragon Pops and Santa boxes.

From the Photo Card event you get nice stats boost, despite being temporary buffs, it is still worth it. From doing this daily you also get a total of 85 Nova Coins each day.

SS rank
    -Boss Damage +27%
    -Critical Damage +13%
    -Attack Power & Magic ATT +36
    -Damage Against Normal Monsters +21%
    -All Stats +94, Max HP and MP +4700
    -Buff Skill Duration +27%
    -Critical Rate +10%
    -29% chance to get one more extra Nova Coin from the Nova Box

and more.

Depending on your range it may boost your range a lot higher.
    I get about 700k boost to my range (buffed), while my friend gets a 2mil boost (unbuffed)

There are more rewards in the Maple Achievement in the Event section. If you complete them you can collect rewards. You have to finish this before the event ends. Collectibles like chairs.

summer-photo-card-chairs.png?w=395
    Mesos
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited December 2017
    Each box let you choose one of the following chairs.

Edit: I just found out after choosing my chairs, they don't have the same picture as the KMS version. KMS got the Swimsuit edition, we get the one displayed in the Card Collection UI.
    Photo_Card_Boxes.png

Mesos
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Have to say though, props to the artist who reworked the images to winter coats! (Though I wouldn't have minded Empress Cygnus in a swimsuit. '3')