[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Chaos Papulatus

xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
Reactions: 1,860
edited January 2018 in General Chat
I'm having a hard time killing it and other than having high enough damage, is there a strategy for it? I have tried other ways to prevent myself from dying but there are multiple obstacles that are trying to kill me. I definitely know for sure Dark Knights have some kind of advantage but not Demon Avengers. My record was getting the first stage down to 25% HP. It was ferocious to kill...

Comments

• superhondasuperhonda
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2018
    What's the best drop reward from C PAP?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    superhonda wrote: »
    What's the best drop reward from C PAP?

chair
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    He should have either a face or eye accessory (I forgot which slot sorry) that's better than zak's and is in the boss set.

Aside from that, there's an untradable chair that is a multi-person chair.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited January 2018
    I posted my findings in a different thread, and I found a bit extra from Orange Mushroom.
    - Papulatus can use the clocks hands to smash the ground and hits nearby players dealing % damage.
    - A small light blue clock spawns on the space. Anyone who doesn't dodge left/right away from the space dies.
    - A blue cog circle appears underneath. Anyone who doesn't get out of the space or jump onto a platform when cogs appears dies.
    - A blue and red beam appears. If both beams touch together it'll cause a map AoE and kill all surviving players. Standing infront of the beam blocks it.
    - When Papulatus enters sleeping phase the party has 60 seconds which is displayed on top of the green clock. By killing Dark Stars they drop times to move the clock hands clockwise. Each value that the clock hand touches, you can press up a portal on the middle left to erase the said value from the clock. Failing to remove the remaining values from the clock will heal Papulatus by the combined added total.
    - At the top of the screen, below the timer, there is a red clock that starts ticking down from 3:00 minutes. Once it hits 0, Papulatus will summon falling winding keys (like Magnus meteors). They will fall randomly for 30 seconds. They do not one-shot and there’s two kinds, yellow and purple.
    - When a player and Papulatus has a counter above them if the timer reaches 0, the character's skills will be temporarily sealed. Killing Tick-Tocks and Chronos around the map can drop items that increase the timer by double or decrease by half.
    - Papulatus can put a time bomb on someone and the damage can be divided by the number of players hit by it.
    - Papulatus can force teleport other players.
    There's a lot of mechanics to keep track of.
    DarkPassenger
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited January 2018
    I posted my findings in a different thread, and I found a bit extra from Orange Mushroom.
    - Papulatus can use the clocks hands to smash the ground and hits nearby players dealing % damage.
    - A small light blue clock spawns on the space. Anyone who doesn't dodge left/right away from the space dies.
    - A blue cog circle appears underneath. Anyone who doesn't get out of the space or jump onto a platform when cogs appears dies.
    - A blue and red beam appears. If both beams touch together it'll cause a map AoE and kill all surviving players. Standing infront of the beam blocks it.
    - When Papulatus enters sleeping phase the party has 60 seconds which is displayed on top of the green clock. By killing Dark Stars they drop times to move the clock hands clockwise. Each value that the clock hand touches, you can press up a portal on the middle left to erase the said value from the clock. Failing to remove the remaining values from the clock will heal Papulatus by the combined added total.
    - At the top of the screen, below the timer, there is a red clock that starts ticking down from 3:00 minutes. Once it hits 0, Papulatus will summon falling winding keys (like Magnus meteors). They will fall randomly for 30 seconds. I’m not sure if they both one shot or not but there’s two kinds, yellow and purple.
    - When a player and Papulatus has a counter above them if the timer reaches 0, the character's skills will be temporarily sealed. Killing Tick-Tocks and Chronos around the map can drop items that increase the timer by double or decrease by half.
    - Papulatus can put a time bomb on someone and the damage can be divided by the number of players hit by it.
    - Papulatus can force teleport other players.
    There's a lot of mechanics to keep track of.

Another thing I found about this boss run:
    -Based on my experiences, I find that it's based on RNG.
    -I realized that the number of spaces the hour hand rotates = half of the number of hrs picked up. Minutes, thats obvious.
    -two safe slots at the bottom when the rift appears. one on the far left and one under the platform which the 2nd right crane is above of.
    -Time bomb: when soloing, it's recommended to stay at full health. (demon avengers can use vitality veil to counter it)
    -blue laser is slower than red, making the blue easier to block.

Why RNG?
    -mainly because you're risking lives for death caused by the shining clocks as well (avoidable through dmg reduction if your hp is high enough and invincibility) while blocking the blue laser. in addition, you have to worry about the rifts of time on the ground.

Feel free to gather more information everyone! :D