[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guild/ Buddy Chat Bugs+Glitched

BIackbeanBIackbean
Reactions: 3,450
edited September 2016 in General Chat
I understand there is a simple way to fix it. By typing twice and spamming your buddy chat and guild chat whenever you log on. That doesn't sound very rational for me, as a guild leader. I probably care more about this, because I like active and social communities. If someone forgot to type twice to un-glitch it manually, they would be missing out on any other messages from guild. That is to say, the system would think they're AFK and not important enough to see the messages. However, every message is important whether it be a friendly hello, buying or selling, finding a party, bossing, or even guild events!

Please fix this problem on your end rather than the players doing this everyday. It is honestly really a hassle and not necessary for us players to do this constantly. This also disrupts and causes awkward moments when you try to fix the chats.

This has also been going on for quite a long time.

If anything, can this either be addressed fully-- so people would know rather than the spread of word. Announce this directly, or please fix this once and for all.
  1. Fix Buddy/ Guild Chat?65 votes
    1. Yes please
       89% (58 votes)
    2. I do not mind
       6% (4 votes)
    3. No
       5% (3 votes)

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    absolutely.
    BIackbean
  • SH4NGSH4NG
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2016
    please
    BIackbean
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    definitely.
    BIackbean
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    totally.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    90% of my buddychat these days is people spamming
    and any other variations to unglitch it
  • LycanthropodLycanthropod
    Reactions: 785
    edited September 2016
    Why would anyone be opposed to this?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016

Lycanthropod

Why would anyone be opposed to this?
    I'm not sure?
    I think this should be fixed - It's super annoying.
    I would mostly say they're trolls and probably antisocial so they wont be bothered by this daily nuisance.
  • FactorFactor
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2016
    YES PLEASE
  • OctobersOctobers
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2016
    Indeed
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-
  • SqampSqamp
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited September 2016
    Didn't they attempt to fix it a while back? I remember reading about it in some patch notes.
    edited September 2016
    @Sqamp
    There was just this a year ago. Seems they were unable to recreate the bug on their end though.
    BIackbeanSqampInvulgo
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    Sqamp
    Sqamp said:

Didn't they attempt to fix it a while back? I remember reading about it in some patch notes.
    They tried, but it did not work. And sometimes even the all chat glitches/ whisper chat, but it fixes by itself. The only thing that keeps glitching is buddy and guild chat. Before the guild chat delay was like a very very long delay, but then they patched it for a shorter delay. But why is this delay even needed?!?!?!

• OneOne
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited January 2018
    Why would anyone vote no...
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    One
    One said:

Why would anyone vote no...

image didn't send for me :O??
    KeepComingBack

@Sqamp
    There was just this a year ago. Seems they were unable to recreate the bug on their end though.
    The QA does not make a valid point, since once I log on I should at least be deemed active o_o therefore all my chats should be working. But lets say 10 mins i do go afk then im fine, but im normally not afk a lot. But anyways i dont like this AFK thingy to trigger someones chat on or off. And plus, that is not the motive of the chat delays. I think it is along the lines to counter bots.

But why hurt the maple population for a couple of botters? Implement stronger policies and more checks against people who bot !
    edited September 2016
    @Blackbean
    well it was addressed by KTBN a while ago too, no idea if any progress has been made since then.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

@Blackbean
    well it was addressed by KTBN a while ago too, no idea if any progress has been made since then.
    oh weird lol, that was addressed earlier than the QA person. Anyways, it is 2016 and the same problem exists... and the trend is that maplestory is becoming less and less active sadly : [

Also, Why is it that only the buddy and guild chat glitch? I find that kind of weird ...

edited September 2016
    @Blackbean
    uh the QA response is from 2015, while KTBN's post is from this year.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

@Blackbean
    uh the QA response is from 2015, while KTBN's post is from this year.
    Oh whoops i read the "joined date." Wait thats even more awkward. the 2016 post has less information compared to a 2015 from the QA????????
    edited September 2016
    @Blackbean
    That's probably because the QA's response was linked in the thread that KTBN replied to. So assuming the issue is still what QA said, there'd be no need for KTBN to reiterate it.