[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

disregard: ring of torment now updated!

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited January 2018 in General Chat
update!
Hurray they updated it and put in the correct info, thanks Nexon!

original post:
Anyone there at Nexon able to tell us whether or not the ring of torment will reduce % damage taken, as is described on the main site for marvel? It would appear to be a falsified description of the item's true effects. The items true effect is to grant a skill that reduces your damage by 30% but granting an exp buff for +15%.

Comments

• Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited January 2018
    i'm pretty sure not. like 99.9% sure not.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    It's misleading, there's an image from the ring and it says that it reduced your OWN damage by 30%.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited January 2018
    It's misleading, there's an image from the ring and it says that it reduced your OWN damage by 30%.
    the main website for marvel machine states it reduces "damage taken" by 30%." but that is a completely false statement!

Turns out it is a cash equip ring that buffs you with +15% exp but reduces your damage by 30%. It is improperly worded on the main site of what it actually does lol. Got excited for nothing.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    [Updated January 16] The Ring of Torment Coupon: Gives a ring that reduces the player's damage dealt by 30% while granting a 15% base EXP increase.- from the main site

I believe it reduces your damage by 30% but you gain a base increase of exp by 15%, at least that's how I interpret "damage dealt", otherwise it'd say "damage received."
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Another pay to win item ...... i wonder if they will ever stop.
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Another pay to win item ...... i wonder if they will ever stop.

technically if what they're saying is correct, its a sucky p2w item cuz you do less dmg but in exchange for 15% exp
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited January 2018
    well its a ring of torment for nothing, more exp to earn but at a harsh cost. what a dark ring this is.. i must have it. :P
    Lilyflower