[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anti AFK issue with Buccaneer and lord Of the Deep

UnknownHeroUnknownHero
Reactions: 420
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
While not a massive issue/concern it does take a lot of fun out of playing a Buccaneer and fighting a boss.
When fighting a boss, Lord of the Deep stops working after 6-7 seconds until you move again. Granted most binds will wear out before then...
It just makes it annoying/tedious to stop using our main attack skill (which is the stationary octopunch) to move an inch so LotD will hit again and repeating that process.
Maybe increasing the anti-AFK to like 15 seconds or so since I/L's Bind is around 10-13 seconds?
  1. Agree Anti-AFK is an issue?15 votes
    1. Yes
       73% (11 votes)
    2. No
       7% (1 vote)
    3. Pointless whining.
       20% (3 votes)

Comments

• KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited January 2018
    100% agree, im a buccaner my self and i see this as a bigger issue than you, Buccaneer has already really rough and complicated uncomfortable play style, its a very buff depending class with tons of buffs and need to stack hyper skill 4 times which cost alot of energy and above all has to manage energy with so many skills that drain energy and so little that restore energy, not to mention bucc has maybe the lowest defensive in game despite being a melee class ? like.. a true melee with closer range than warriors? and having zero survive . now this thing with LotD .. makes bucc gameplay even more akward and less pleasent.
    somehow i feel its maybe the straw that breaks me .. and i feel its just too much to take as bucc. especiallly when you have unstable game and some lag issue.
    i know that crying to nexon wont help us.. because they wont listen .. but maybe if enough people will complain something will be done.
    UnknownHero
  • UnknownHeroUnknownHero
    edited January 2018
    I love the complexity and glass cannon nature of a Bucc, It's just the small issue (to me) over the tiny integer setting(Atk/Seconds till game thinks you're AFK) that I didn't even notice in before the current patch.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited January 2018
    I love the complexity and glass cannon nature of a Bucc, It's just the small issue (to me) over the tiny integer setting(Atk/Seconds till game thinks you're AFK) that I didn't even notice in before the current patch.

try do boss couple attacks and maybe like every 3 seconds you need to move and lose 1 punch to refresh LotD .. idk how you can say its not annoying.
    as for complex and glass cannon .. i suppose you are not doing hard bosses and thats why you like it.. but try to die once in a boss with death count like magnus
    you just cant get back in track anymore as a Bucc, once you die you better just leave, because no energy and need to stack up hyper.. we suddenly become lowest dps after we die. and we do die. we are by far the most melee class in game with closest range and yet we have 0 defensive and survive.
    cannon is more tanky and hes range. now sometimes having to move to refresh lord of the deep also make you die.. and not only lose dps.
    this to me literally break and destroy bucc. and is 1 of reasons i can not enjoy playing bucc anymore and bossing as bucc is now impossible,
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Kuroll wrote: »

try do boss couple attacks and maybe like every 3 seconds you need to move and lose 1 punch to refresh LotD .. idk how you can say its not annoying.
    as for complex and glass cannon .. i suppose you are not doing hard bosses and thats why you like it.. but try to die once in a boss with death count like magnus
    you just cant get back in track anymore as a Bucc, once you die you better just leave, because no energy and need to stack up hyper.. we suddenly become lowest dps after we die. and we do die. we are by far the most melee class in game with closest range and yet we have 0 defensive and survive.
    cannon is more tanky and hes range. now sometimes having to move to refresh lord of the deep also make you die.. and not only lose dps.
    this to me literally break and destroy bucc. and is 1 of reasons i can not enjoy playing bucc anymore and bossing as bucc is now impossible,

"Glass cannon" is a popular term in gaming (especially online-gaming), where it refers to a character class that has remarkable offensive power, but has low defense. Urban Dictionary also defines this as: Refers to a person, weapon, or vehicle which has a high output, but a low defense, life, durability, etc.”Oct 9, 2012

That’s what he meant by glass cannon
    UnknownHero
  • UnknownHeroUnknownHero
    edited January 2018

You do know we can buy 3 buff freezers a day for 1m meso ea or save up for a battleroid, I believe dying should be a massive penalty personally (Add a dark souls meme here. "Get good").
    If want a class/char that refuses to die then play a Dark Knight.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited January 2018

"Glass cannon" is a popular term in gaming (especially online-gaming), where it refers to a character class that has remarkable offensive power, but has low defense. Urban Dictionary also defines this as: Refers to a person, weapon, or vehicle which has a high output, but a low defense, life, durability, etc.”Oct 9, 2012

sorry to tell you but Bucc dps isnt even as high to be considered a glass cannon class. and this afk thing even reduce its dps by alot to a point where its dps can really sucks . many many other classes have better survive and even better dps. but we are talking about class gameplay here and comfort and not about his survived compared to dps and even in this view bucc fail and its no secret that theres less than 1% playing bucc. so dont be a jerk just because you are playing a different class, because somehow i bet you are playing something like DA or 1 of these top defense + top dps classes and dont want to be a second.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited January 2018

You do know we can buy 3 buff freezers a day for 1m meso ea or save up for a battleroid, I believe dying should be a massive penalty personally (Add a dark souls meme here. "Get good").
    If want a class/char that refuses to die then play a Dark Knight.

3 buff freezers dont make me laugh if it was 50 maybe id consider it an option. bucc is the only class left in game with so many active buffs most classes had their buffs changed into passives to feel more comfortable while bucc has still tons of buffs which main of them is 1 that you need to stack 4 times and cost tons of energy and last way too short with nerf to lord of the deep its already hard to sustain energy without even buffing not to mention all energy buffs got cd . its by far the hardest and least comfortable class in game and its dps / survive are not even rewarding.
    edited January 2018

sorry to tell you but Bucc dps isnt even as high to be considered a glass cannon class. and this afk thing even reduce its dps by alot to a point where its dps can really sucks . many many other classes have better survive and even better dps. but we are talking about class gameplay here and comfort and not about his survived compared to dps and even in this view bucc fail and its no secret that theres less than 1% playing bucc. so dont be a jerk just because you are playing a different class, because somehow i bet you are playing something like DA or 1 of these top defense + top dps classes and dont want to be a second.

Just cause a class has low dps doesn’t mean they don’t hit hard. What glass cannon refers to is the trade off in terms of defense for raw damage. Bucc’s raw damage are on par with warriors
    edited January 2018
    To be honest, the boss fights that really matter won’t let you stand around for 6-7 seconds
  • UnknownHeroUnknownHero
    edited January 2018
    3 buff freezers dont make me laugh if it was 50 maybe id consider it an option. bucc is the only class left in game with so many active buffs most classes had their buffs changed into passives to feel more comfortable while bucc has still tons of buffs which main of them is 1 that you need to stack 4 times and cost tons of energy and last way too short with nerf to lord of the deep its already hard to sustain energy without even buffing not to mention all energy buffs got cd . its by far the hardest and least comfortable class in game and its dps / survive are not even rewarding.
    Reason I also mentioned a battleroid, Active buffs... Um sorry to break it to you but nearly all explorers have tons of active buffs. Not to mention when fighting bosses ONE octopunch is enough to recast LotD (And keep active occasionally punching a buss) also can rebuff while moving/flash jumping.
    As I was saying earlier, If want an easy class play a Dark Knight.