[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wedding Ring Effect Not Working

ForeverRainForeverRain
Reactions: 530
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Description: The most recent patch notes state that you "Added Wedding Ring effects when wearing a wedding ring and standing next to your spouse", however I don't see any effect when I stand next to my spouse. We are both wearing our wedding rings. I have also asked other couples who got married after the patch and they don't have a wedding ring effect as well. Could someone please verify this as a bug and look into it?

Thanks!

Comments

• MidwinterMidwinter
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Just solved the issue myself. The place where you equip the wedding ring (of the four slots), the cash ring counterpart must not be in the same location to show the effect. Just take that cash ring off to see the effect.
  • ForeverRainForeverRain
    edited October 2016
    Midwinter
    Midwinter said:

Just solved the issue myself. The place where you equip the wedding ring (of the four slots), the cash ring counterpart must not be in the same location to show the effect. Just take that cash ring off to see the effect.
    Would you be able to post a screenshot on what you mean? xD I removed all my cash shop rings and only equipped the wedding ring (my spouse did the same thing) and there is still no effect =(
  • CinniekinsCinniekins
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    My issue is the opposite of yours, lol.

The ring has got to be glitched. I got married last night, and no matter what I do the effect will not go away. I have changed ring slots and all of that and nothing works. When my spouse changes ring slots his effect goes away though. Even when my spouse isn't even logged in I still have the effect over my head.

If it's meant to stay like that all of the time, I will totally get a divorce just because it's so ugly and obnoxious to look at.

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Oh god that's so ugly. Why didn't they just do the old effect. Really disappointed. Is that the only effect available, I wonder.
    lizzybeth
  • CinniekinsCinniekins
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Oh god that's so ugly. Why didn't they just do the old effect. Really disappointed. Is that the only effect available, I wonder.
    I'm pretty sure it is the only effect, we didn't get a choice in picking a ring or anything.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread ForeverRain, sorry about that.
    edited October 2016
    @Cinniekins I wonder if the old Moonstone rings etc have their old effect.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

I have two characters married with the old "Star gem" ring, that used to give the effect on the top left:

Right now I see no effect on or around them. Neither character is wearing any cash rings. I tried unequipping and re-equipping the wedding rings, in various slots, nothing happens.
    KeepComingBack
    edited October 2016
    @AKradian Thank you for checking up on that, I was about to bother my 2006 maple spouse on facebook to patch and log on.
    Man, that sucks. L> old effects, literally any of those are better.

Sorry for hijacking bug-thread.
    lizzybeth
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

KeepComingBack

I have two characters married with the old "Star gem" ring, that used to give the effect on the top left:

Right now I see no effect on or around them. Neither character is wearing any cash rings. I tried unequipping and re-equipping the wedding rings, in various slots, nothing happens.
    The new effect looks gross. :/ I want these back.
    lizzybethForeverRain
  • ForeverRainForeverRain
    edited October 2016
    CaughtByLove

AKradian
    AKradian said:

KeepComingBack

The new effect looks gross. :/ I want these back.
    Hi everyone, thanks for commenting on this post =) I talked to a GM on LiveChat and they are aware of the issue. The GM said it may be addressed during this maintenance... I also asked about what the effect would look like and they couldn't tell me hahaha. Guess we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best xP (I also want the old effects back =( )